Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
blood blisters around vagina?
FamilyOf42010 posted:
I am 36 weeks pregnant second time. I have had these blood blisters appear around the lips of my vagina occasionally for years. About 12 years ago I had genital warts that were burned off and have never had an outbreak since. I have been with the same partner for 9 years now and he was a virgin when we began dating. He has had no signs of having the warts and I have had no other STD. Anyone else have this happen or any suggestions as to what it may be?

orin34 responded:
I didn't have it "down there", BUT I had a pyrogenic granuloma (sp?) on my chest that I had removed when I was about 4 months along. The pregnancy hormones basically made a bloodvessel grow out of control and burst out of the skin. It wasn't pretty and it got to the point where it was huge (like double the size of a #2 pencil eraser) and then it got infected. It drove me INSANE.

FamilyOf42010 replied to orin34's response:
have put this same post on other forums and they are trying to say its herpes. when i get these blisters they are dark purple, filled with blood, i only get one or two at a time. they dont itch, hurt or scab and usually go away on their own in a couple days. i figure herpes my DF would have gotten by now after 9 years and i wouldnt have delivered my son naturally 3 and a half years ago with no problems but premature lungs and an infection. but i tested positive for GBS and went into labor so rapidly i didnt get all the antibiotics administered and i had a terrible cold at the time. i googled pictures of herpes and nothing looks like what i have. the pictures on google look puss filled scabby and alot in one area. mine is one or two inches apart that are dark red/purple. filled with blood no pus no scab no itching

mrsmiu replied to FamilyOf42010's response:
Have you ever shown these to your doctor? She should be able to confirm what it is/isn't. It doesn't sound like herpes to me, but best to get it checked because I know that can hurt the baby if you deliver naturally and are unprepared for that (with a herpes infection).

casperkawa responded:
Very weird that you posted this because I just noticed the same thing down there, this is my fifth pregnancy and I have been with my husband now for sixteen years and we are both faithful. So I know it is not herpes. I went tot he docs last week because I thought I had a bacterial infection and she saw them and siad nothing. I was going to ask but was a little embarassed. But if it were something I am sure she would of said something, I also was sent to the hospital because the babies heart rate was high and they wanted a NST the nurse did a catheder and she said nothing about them and I am sure she saw them, this must be a normal thing, so maybe next time I go I will ask. Don't worry about it too much.
Me(36)DH(39) DS(16)DS(15)DS(12)DD(9) Due July 9,But will be induced by July 2. Pregnant after tubal, our miracle baby..

jbeers responded:
I asked my doctor about these before I got pregnant, I was sure it was an STD and was petrified! She said it is basically from the hair tugging, and said that keeping yourself well groomed will help eliminate them.

blathereen replied to orin34's response:
Rather personal question: do you use a vibrator? I find that I get blood blisters pretty frequently when I use my vibrator. I stop using it, they go away. I asked my ob/gyn about it, and he said they were harmless.

ReneeErin responded:
I had the same thing happen last pregnancy and asked my Dr. about it. Turns out it was part of a varicose vein. This time I have LOTS of varicose veins in that area, unfortunately.
Lillian Ruth arrived 9/9/10- 3 days early!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Cris (31) DH (31) 2 m/c 08 and 09. EDD 9/23/10 - its a boy!

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful