Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Need some Advice
An_216636 posted:
I'm 35 weeks along and i've had my fair share of issues with this pregnancy, this is my second successful pregnancy. I was diagnosed Glucose Intolerant(but my sugars have been perfect with no changes in my diet), My blood pressure has been up and down throughout this pregnancy as has my weight (i am over weight so the doc isnt too concerned about any weight loss). My current issue which i feel needs addressing and i feel like i'm being ignored is this: Last Thursday i thought i had a UTI, by sunday night my urine production was way down, i had to pee all the time, but next to nothing came out, (this is TMI but important) My urine is very dark as well. I've been drinking 80+ ounces of water a day on top of milk, and some juice. I dont feel dehydration is the problem. I had issues in my first pregnancy with my kidneys (Hydronephrosis- pressure on the kidney blocking waste to my bladder). I'm in a lot of pain, through my lower abdomen up my right side into my right shoulder. I'm extremely frustrated with this, i called my doc after seeing them on tuesday and them saying nothing was wrong with no real exam being done, i was told to go to the ER/ L&D, i go, and i'm told to pee in a cup (which came back negative for UTI) then told to go home and call my OB. Has anyone had any symptoms like this? If so what was the Outcome? My hands are kind of tied as far as switching Docs because of my Ins. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated! I also dont live in an extremely hot/humid area either.

Taylove11 responded:
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Did you mention to your doc that you had Hydronephrosis with your first? If not, I would call and mention that. Do you have pain while urinating? If so, it may be bladder infection. Were you checked for that or just a UTI? I had a bladder infection that was horribly painful. My urine output decreased but I felt like I had to go all the time.

Also, is there any swelling that you can see on your right side? Appendicitis (sp?)- swelling of the appendix - may also be a cause of your symptoms... If your pain continues, I would call the doc and request to be seen again.

I know you said that switching docs isn't an option. Did you see an OB or a general practicioner? If you saw one, maybe consider seeing the other???

I hope that everything is okay and you find a solution! Best wishes!
Taryn(22), DH(29) Expecting our first! EDD 8/08. Pink team. HR on 5/27 was 145BPM

An_216637 replied to Taylove11's response:
Yes i did bring up repeatedly that i had that issue with my son. I was tested initially by my OB, then again in L&D. I'm going to call them again tomorrow. Whatever this is i dont want to let it fester, i totally forgot about appendcitis that would just be the icing on the cake for this pregnancy :) Thank you so much for replying!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lisa. I'm 33 and already have 2 kids, my son who's 15 and my daughter, who's almost 19. This is my third baby. I have a wonderf...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.