Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Lets brag on our DH's/SO's
BamBam85 posted:
So I know with all the hormones and whatnot we pregnant women get a little touchy with our DH's/SO's and like to vent about them, so I want us to take a moment and post the most wonderful thing your SO has done durning your pregnancy. I'll go first! :)

I absolutely love when my DH will come to bed and think I'm sleeping and will lay right next to me and put is arm around my belly and rub it and whisper how much he loves me and can't wait to meet our little one.

Or when for no reason what so ever he looks at me and touches my belly and will start talking to our LO and singing to it.

Now it's your turn! What has your DH done to just melt your heart during this pregnancy??
Ashley(25), DH(26, DD(7), angel baby, DS(3), TTC since May '09 BFP 11/13/09 EDD 7/21/2010 Green TEAM 3 furbabies (1 Dog, 2 Cats) Bella, Ramsey & Meeko
FirstPrevious12NextLast

5ylver responded:
when he tells me to get off my feet, sit down put my feet up.

he washes my body for me in the shower so I don't have to bend down to get my legs and feet

he'd put his mouth to my belly, kiss it, talk to our LO even play a small game of what I like to call whack a mole lol of course he's not whacking my tummy! lol but he follws her movements and it really seems like they are playing together.

he rushed home the one day I texted him saying I was spotting just lightly it was when I wiped. he rushed home from work called the Dr. and took me in because he was worried although it wasn't anything to worry about lol

he buckled a onesie into the carseat the day we got it! lol so silly, yet so adorable. I can see his excitement and it makes me even more excited

he volunteers to help me maintain down there, although I refuse to let him lol he's in the military and buzzes his own hair so he likes to say "well ok but ifr you need my help, I'll be more than happy to, I AM experienced you know" lol

oh gosh there's so much more but I just can't think of all of them at the top of my head. so when I do I'll be back to post!

5ylver replied to 5ylver's response:
oh! he would cook because when I do my belly gets too close to the pan he says lol and it's too hot for the baby. which in turn is very true when I do cook I have to turn sideways from time to time to cool it off when I feel it's too warm lol

MommyLuvs02 responded:
That's so cute.

No matter how crappy or balloonish I feel and KNOW I look, he constantly tells me that I look beautiful and the baby will be out soon. He's telling me he will do whatever I want him to to help me get back in shape after LO is born (my request) and tells me how no matter what I look like, i will always be beautiful to him and he will always love me :)

He also took a week off for when the baby comes so he can help me with cooking, cleaning, and preoccupying our almost 2 year old

:)

Great idea for a post!
Me(19) Daddy(21) Big Bro Hunter Terrance (20m) EDD 6/24/2010 Austin Michael or Austin Matthew. All very very excited. :)

ReneeErin replied to MommyLuvs02's response:
Mine actually cleaned the bathroom for the first time EVER while I was taking a nap one weekend because I'd been having contractions and had to rest.

He also talked to baby when he left for China and explained that he would be home soon- so cute!!

The first day we found out we were pregnant, he was SO excited that he actually bought a new crib and changing table that night =)

DaleCDean29 responded:
My BF is one of those laid back kind of guys so him showing excitement is rare. But he does do a few wonderful things On his days off he will wake up before me and feel my belly to find out where our little girl is kicking, then he giggles and wakes me up. He goes to every doctors appointment with me, and remembers the questions I sometimes forget. Mostly he still thinks I am sexy even though I feel like a whale.

jessica61506 responded:
What a great post. It is so easy to name off the things that get to us because they really heat us up.

My DH has been so considerate (for the most part) recently. I am 38 weeks 1 day and am definitely starting to have a hard time getting up and down, put my own shoes on, etc. He does it all... puts my shoes on for me, opens doors (like he used to when we were dating), carries my almost 4 year old around for me and CLEANS! Yes, he cleans. He saw me crawling around the house washing our trim and he took the magic eraser and got to work himself. Cooking, Vacuuming, the works. For me, this is such a relief, because I have to be organized and prepared for everything (including the many guests after I deliver).

DH has been coming home early just to see if there is anything I need help with around the house and today he showed up in the middle of the day to let me know that he would be joining my son and I for his 4 year photos and to take me to the Dr.'s so I could just enjoy the day and not worry about the responsibilities.

Trust me, there are many days that I BEG him to pick up after himself or to help me out more... but at this point he has stepped up his game and has put a smile on my face. I am more laid back and am enjoying my time home with my son before the newest addition joins us. My last day of work was May 28th and I feel like I am getting caught up, all because of DH! Thanks to our DH's/SO's. (Let's not tell them about this post though... it may either stop or go to their heads). Just kidding... I thank mine daily!

Again, thank you for a great post. Definitely needed!

Jessica (26) Riley (26) Anthony (4 next week) Joey (EDD 6/23/10)

AltMomma responded:
I like it when he always hold things for me. We have a 15 month old son already, and he will carry him, the diaper bag whenever we go out. He says "pregnant ladies should be taken care of".
He always gives me a neck and hip massage every night (sometimes i ask) but regardless he does it.
OH and i love it when he adjusts my seatbelt if it isnt below my belly enough. Its so cute.
He'll definetly rub my belly and talk to the baby. He helped me organize and put all the new clothes away for him and move the dressers around. (my kids are sharing a room, limited space)
Even today, i had alot of pain and he left work and took me to the doctor. I told him i'm probably fine, and im gonna feel stupid. He said "Id rather we go and see that youre fine, thats all that matters"
He's just a great support system and husband.

5ylver responded:
bump..

this is a great post I hope we can get some more responses :)

MrsRoye09 responded:
my hubby sings and plays guitar to the baby allll the time and every night he reads to my tummy and makes stupid voices, he always ask's a million questions to the doctor (even silly ones) but he is very hands on, and has been very helpfull with everyday life, like helping me roll over at night and putting my shoes on in the morning and rubbing my swollen feet at the end of the day and he always tells me how beautiful I am and how lucky he is!
this post was a great idea! can't wait to read more I got a little misty eyed reading them. Nothing better then being married or being with your best friend everyday!

Taylove11 responded:
I love all of the little things that he does for me...

He's taken over a lot of the smaller chores that I used to do. He cooks dinner and does the dishes. He sweeps the floor because it hurts my back when I do. He picks up the dog poo so I don't have to squat. He ties my shoes for me.

The other night, he loaded up the car to go to a BBQ and says, "Now the only think I need is my beautiful wife at my side."

I love how he will sit with his hand on my belly and make up songs to sing to the baby... I love it when he comes up from behind and puts both of his hands on my belly.

The other night I was tossing and turning in bed and he sits up brushes the hair off my forehead and asked what was wrong. I told him nothing. He just kept running his hand through my hair and saidn, "I love you so much." His face was beaming.

Makes me warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. I can't wait to see him actually hold our LO. Great post!
Taryn(22), DH(29) Expecting our first! EDD 8/08. Pink team. HR on 5/27 was 145BPM

ClosetRocker responded:
I love that DH goes to EVERY appointment with me. He works 3rd shift and even if the appt is at like 10am he's still game. He has only missed 1 appt and he sat in the car for it because he was sick and didn't want to pass his cold around.
DH 34, Me 27 and our 1st due on 07/13!!! Pink team, baby. OMG, we're so excited!!!!!!

margolcia responded:
I just can not think about all the wounderful things that my BF does, I love when he rubs my swollen feet even when he is tired himself, how his face changes when he feels my belly. He cleans and does the cooking, washes dishes, and most importantly he makes me feel beautiful even when I feel like a hippo. I just realized how much I love that man.

orin34 responded:
lol........... my dislikes far outweigh my likes at this point..... but that is really just my own impatience and not waiting for him to finish a task in his own time....
But as far as bragging..... DH has done some things recently which are very nice and thoughtful. I got my hair cut last week and he wouldn't stop raving about how good it looked for like two days after... and in addition he also said how pretty I was.
DH helps me get up off the couch (picture the new Shrek movie.... with fat puss n boots...... yeah, that is me trying to get up off our couch from a position of laying down....lol). I have also felt TERRIBLE the last few days and haven't felt up to cooking, so DH has brought me food and gotten me drinks and stuff when I ask him to so I don't have to get up.
And most importantly.... he is working in a job that he HATES, that has burned him more times than I can count with denying him promotions, and he stays there because we need the health insurance and the steady pay/security... putting his family first makes him such an amazing man (lol.... even if his idea of doing the dishes is putting them on the counter for me to do)...

BabyDems responded:
Even though we work opposite shifts, he comes to every appointment with me.

One morning I woke up with is hand on my belly....that's how he fell asleep. LOL.

He went to a few garage sales with me the other day, and he even picked out some cute outfits for our little girl. :D

I told him that I had to wake up early to go get gas 'cause I forgot to get it that day...( I have to usually wake up at 430am to make it to work by 6) so he went and filled it up for me...so simple and sweet!!
Me (30) DH (31) EDD 9/9/10 Our First

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm married to a wonderful man for 11 years now. This will be our third child. We have two boys ages 10 and 2. I'm due March 25th with a littl...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.