Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth story!
RachelRX posted:
Orion Alexander arrived on Wednesday, June 9th, at 7:04PM. He was 8 pounds 5 ounces and 21" long.

I arrived at the hospital for my scheduled induction at 7:30AM. By 9AM, they inserted a pill called cytotec to help soften the cervix and make contractions ideal for pitocin. Around 1:30PM, they gave me the pitocin and contractions became 2 - 3 minutes apart and intense. around 2PM, I was 4 - 5 cm and they gave me my epidural. Around 6:40PM my pain was breaking through the epidural, and my nurse came in to give me more medicine as well as check me. I was dilated to a 9 (and the additional medicine never really kicked in - ugh!). The Doctor arrived, dressed, checked me and I was a 10. 4 pushes later, Orion was here!

Thanks so much for the help and support, ladies. Labor vibes to all who need them!!

Tiphawee responded:
Awee, congrats.. sounds like it was a pretty easy labor (but i wasnt there) but congrats on ur LO

kwood1687 responded:
yay! congrats to you and your family! It all sounds like it went rather smoothly..I hope mine can be as good

mommyof3kiddos responded:
Congrats on your baby boy! Sounds like a pretty smooth labor. At least from how you wrote. Even with the epidural I tend to start having pain when it's time for me to push too. I think it could be a good thing though since I think it makes it better to push.
Mommy of three crazy kids ages 4, 3, and 1. Twin girls due August!

tabby62010 responded:
Hey, I kept checking to see if you'd posted anything.

Glad that things went so smoothly. It looks like your labor went quicker than mine. I also felt every contraction towards the end, so painful!!! But, I did give birth to my son much quicker, so maybe it did help that I could feel everything.

Congratulations to you!
Me(30), DH(40), DD(10), DS(6). Baby 3 due 6/20/10! Can't wait!

MrsIvey responded:
So many congratulations! I'm so glad all went well, despite some pain.
me Erica (29), DH Jeremy (32), Angel Baby 8/23/2005, DD Emma Lou (2), Carmen Ruth EDD 7/4!!!

peachyisthelife responded:
Wow what a great induction! That's awesome! (and fast!)

Congrats!!!
Cathryn~~~Jared 4yo~Brooke 21 months old~Baby 3 due July 23, 2010

jle09 responded:
Congrats
-- (22), DH (23), DS (4), and 2 is due 6/29

Taylove11 responded:
Congratulations! I hope that are both doing well!
Taryn(22), DH(29) Expecting our first after trying for 13 months! EDD 8/08. Pink team. HR on 6/9 was 159BPM

BamBam85 replied to Taylove11's response:
Congrats!! I'm glad everything went so smoothly!
Ashley(25), DH(26, DD(7), angel baby, DS(3), TTC since May '09 BFP 11/13/09 EDD 7/21/2010 Green TEAM 3 furbabies (1 Dog, 2 Cats) Bella, Ramsey

MommyLuvs02 responded:
YaY!!! Congrats! So glad everything went good for you!!
Me(19) Daddy(21) Big Bro Hunter Terrance (20m) EDD 6/24/2010 Austin Michael or Austin Matthew. All very very excited. :)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations! You must be exhausted.

RachelRX responded:
Thanks everyone!

EMB2006 responded:
Congrats!! Glad everything went well for you!!
Erin (24)-DH (24)-one spoiled dog-BFP 11/13/09-EDD 07/18/10-Blue Team-Lucas Charles!!!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Rachel! Wow only 4 pushes, you are so lucky! Orion is a great name too. I hope you will still update us with how you and Orion are progressing. You can also graduate to the Baby's First Year Community. Here is a link:
: http://exchanges.webmd.com/newborn-and-baby-exchange>http://exchanges.webmd.com/newborn-and-baby-exchange Dan Brennan, MD, is an award-winning, board-certified pediatrician and the expert for that community. It is also a great way to keep in touch with all the ladies that shared your pregnancy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a first time Mother to Be. . I am 20 Yrs of Age and I am Having a Baby Boy Named Tristan Gabriel <3 My Estimated Due date is December 17th! I ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful