Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth story!
RachelRX posted:
Orion Alexander arrived on Wednesday, June 9th, at 7:04PM. He was 8 pounds 5 ounces and 21" long.

I arrived at the hospital for my scheduled induction at 7:30AM. By 9AM, they inserted a pill called cytotec to help soften the cervix and make contractions ideal for pitocin. Around 1:30PM, they gave me the pitocin and contractions became 2 - 3 minutes apart and intense. around 2PM, I was 4 - 5 cm and they gave me my epidural. Around 6:40PM my pain was breaking through the epidural, and my nurse came in to give me more medicine as well as check me. I was dilated to a 9 (and the additional medicine never really kicked in - ugh!). The Doctor arrived, dressed, checked me and I was a 10. 4 pushes later, Orion was here!

Thanks so much for the help and support, ladies. Labor vibes to all who need them!!

Tiphawee responded:
Awee, congrats.. sounds like it was a pretty easy labor (but i wasnt there) but congrats on ur LO

kwood1687 responded:
yay! congrats to you and your family! It all sounds like it went rather smoothly..I hope mine can be as good

mommyof3kiddos responded:
Congrats on your baby boy! Sounds like a pretty smooth labor. At least from how you wrote. Even with the epidural I tend to start having pain when it's time for me to push too. I think it could be a good thing though since I think it makes it better to push.
Mommy of three crazy kids ages 4, 3, and 1. Twin girls due August!

tabby62010 responded:
Hey, I kept checking to see if you'd posted anything.

Glad that things went so smoothly. It looks like your labor went quicker than mine. I also felt every contraction towards the end, so painful!!! But, I did give birth to my son much quicker, so maybe it did help that I could feel everything.

Congratulations to you!
Me(30), DH(40), DD(10), DS(6). Baby 3 due 6/20/10! Can't wait!

MrsIvey responded:
So many congratulations! I'm so glad all went well, despite some pain.
me Erica (29), DH Jeremy (32), Angel Baby 8/23/2005, DD Emma Lou (2), Carmen Ruth EDD 7/4!!!

peachyisthelife responded:
Wow what a great induction! That's awesome! (and fast!)

Congrats!!!
Cathryn~~~Jared 4yo~Brooke 21 months old~Baby 3 due July 23, 2010

jle09 responded:
Congrats
-- (22), DH (23), DS (4), and 2 is due 6/29

Taylove11 responded:
Congratulations! I hope that are both doing well!
Taryn(22), DH(29) Expecting our first after trying for 13 months! EDD 8/08. Pink team. HR on 6/9 was 159BPM

BamBam85 replied to Taylove11's response:
Congrats!! I'm glad everything went so smoothly!
Ashley(25), DH(26, DD(7), angel baby, DS(3), TTC since May '09 BFP 11/13/09 EDD 7/21/2010 Green TEAM 3 furbabies (1 Dog, 2 Cats) Bella, Ramsey

MommyLuvs02 responded:
YaY!!! Congrats! So glad everything went good for you!!
Me(19) Daddy(21) Big Bro Hunter Terrance (20m) EDD 6/24/2010 Austin Michael or Austin Matthew. All very very excited. :)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations! You must be exhausted.

RachelRX responded:
Thanks everyone!

EMB2006 responded:
Congrats!! Glad everything went well for you!!
Erin (24)-DH (24)-one spoiled dog-BFP 11/13/09-EDD 07/18/10-Blue Team-Lucas Charles!!!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Rachel! Wow only 4 pushes, you are so lucky! Orion is a great name too. I hope you will still update us with how you and Orion are progressing. You can also graduate to the Baby's First Year Community. Here is a link:
: http://exchanges.webmd.com/newborn-and-baby-exchange>http://exchanges.webmd.com/newborn-and-baby-exchange Dan Brennan, MD, is an award-winning, board-certified pediatrician and the expert for that community. It is also a great way to keep in touch with all the ladies that shared your pregnancy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jessica. I am a physical therapist and have been happily married almost 3 years. We have a 2 year old daughter, born at 28 weeks gestation....More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.