Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
bugs1981 posted:
Jeffrey Francis is here! He was born on June 11th at 3:10 pm. He weighed 6lbs 15 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long.

I went in Friday morning for an inductions and they started my pitocin at 9 am. At 10:45 they broke my water and I was 4 cm and 50% I started with a contraction that was constant and not calming down. When this started the baby's hb dropped to 70 bpm. I didn't know what was going on all I knew is that I was being thrown back and onto my left side and next there was an oxygen mask on me. This continued for about 5 minutes and then his hb came back up. At this point my contractions were 3 minutes apart so they decided to shut of the pitocin. about an hour later we decided that we would start my epidural. Try #1 didn't go so smooth. I got light headed and my tongue went numb so they took that one out. Five minutes later they did the second epidural and this was even worse. I had the test dose and felt fine but when they went to lay me down I felt almost like a glow stick crackle in my neck and it was an instant headache. When I say headache...I was wishing it was a migraine. I have never been in so much pain in my entire life. I ended up getting an intrathechal (highly recommended) and was able to push while still numb from that. Once the intrathecal was in I went from 4 cm and 50% to 10 cm and 100% in less than an hour. I started pushing at 3:04 and he was born at 3:10! only 3 pushes and it was all over! He is perfect! He nurses like a champ and is a sleeping machine! We are getting about 3-4 hour stretches at night. As for the spinal headache...not so good. I had what is called a blood patch done Saturday morning and it failed Sunday night. What they do is take 20cc's of blood from your arm and administer it into the ruptured epidural space with the hopes that it will clot and stop the leak of spinal fluid. I got instant relief for about 36 hours and then Sunday night it came back full force. I tried to deal with it but ended up in the ER Monday night for a second patch. This time I am horizontal for a week. I can only sit up long enough to feed the baby. It is tough especially with a 3 year old and my husband isn't able to take time off from work. He was supposed to have the week off but Thursday night before he left work his boss told him that he could have Friday off for the induction (nice guy) but he needed him back to work first thing Wednesday morning because he was going to bike week!!!!! That is a whole other post! I am going back to my horizontal position and I will check in later! Thanks for all the support over the last 9 months! It was great!
Julie 29, DH 30, Mackenzie Evelyn 3 1/2 and Baby 2 Due June 18th!  Being induced June 11th if I don't have s/he before then! Addison Jeanne or Jeffrey Francis

Taylove11 responded:
Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear that the epi's didn't go smoothly and about all of the issues you are having. That really stinks that your DH's boss wouldn't allow more time off. I hope that you recover soon and I wish you the best!
Taryn(22), DH(29) Expecting our first after trying for 13 months! EDD 8/08. Pink team. HR on 6/9 was 159BPM

EMB2006 responded:
Congrats!! I'm glad things worked out for you in the end!! Sorry you had to go through so much!
Erin (24)-DH (24)-one spoiled dog-BFP 11/13/09-EDD 07/18/10-Blue Team-Lucas Charles!!!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations! What a wonderful moment for you. I hope you continue to be a part of this community but also join Baby's First Year community: http://exchanges.webmd.com/newborn-and-baby-exchange Dan Brennan, MD, is an award-winning, board-certified pediatrician and the expert for that community.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband Nick and I just got married on May 23rd and we're expecting our first child, Noah Anthony on July 4th (or sooner!!). We lost our first ...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.