Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Third trimester weight gain question
mommy_a posted:
I've heard you gain a pound a week in the third tri.. is that really true?

What have your experiences been like? Is not gaining that much weight ok?

Take the Poll

My weight gain in the third tri has been
  • More than 1 pound a week
  • Less than 1 pound a week
  • Who knows! I don't measure every week
vote
View Poll Results

Taylove11 responded:
Hi there,

It's not true for me. I'm at 35w1d and I have only gained 17 pounds. I started the 3rd tri (26 weeks) at 14 pounds. So far, I have only gained three pounds in 9 weeks. Remember though, not everybody is the same. I HTH and best wishes!
Taryn(22), DH(29) Expecting our first after trying for 13 months! EDD 8/08. Pink team. HR on 6/9 was 159BPM

sweetbaby82 responded:
Well I will know in a few hours after my appointment how much I have gained since 24 weeks...but at 24 weeks I had gained 14 pounds. I didnt start gaining until about week 15 and since then its been about 5 pounds a month! I am hoping its slowed down a little...im exercising more, so we will see...I am 29 weeks now
First Baby, Baby Boy EDD 9/18/10!!

dwaw02 responded:
I've actually been slowly losing weight during 3rd tri. But I'm high risk and get regular growth u/s, so we know the baby's growing well.

I did ask my doc specifically about weight gain, and she said that if you're 20-30 pounds overweight (which I am) that the baby can survive and thrive off of your fat stores through the pg. I'm thinking this is true b/c as of today I've only gained 4.5 pounds and am 37w2d. Baby is measuring average.
Angela, DS (5), EDD 7/25/10 Pink Team On Bedrest for incompetent cervix as of 3-23-10. Modified bedrest as of 5-17-10

adiconnect responded:
That's about right for me, but since 36,37 weeks I haven't gained a thing. I'm 5 days away from my due date!

AltMomma responded:
So far in my pregnancy I have gained 10 pounds. And I'm 34 weeks. I'm also overweight to begin with, and my appetite has not been the best this pregnancy. I want to drink fluids more than actually eat.
The doctors are fine with everything, they even said he may be quite big. I have an ultrasound on Friday to see how big he's getting (i'm getting a scheduled C Section)

Jennax907 responded:
I have gained 19lbs and I'm 30 weeks 4 days. I'm only 5'4 and have an athletic build. I haven't gained anywhere except my belly and boobs. I can actually still see my stomach muscles!
DH(Sean) Me(Jenna) DS (Blaine-3/28/10) DD-EDD 9/20

mommy_a replied to Jennax907's response:
thank you all for your inputs..

I am way too obsessive with everything pregnancy related!! I need to let go really!!

thanks for all the votes in the poll. Made me feel more normal!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Becca. DH and I had been TTC for 18 cycles before success!!! It was our 3 IUI and our 2nd round with Femara and Menopur. We got our BFP...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.