ob appointment today, and question
Tiphawee posted:
will be 37 weeks tomorrow, and i had my ob appointment today, he said my ultrasound came back good, Jeremy isnt huge, but hes above the 50 percent (whatever that means) and he didnt do an exam on me, which bummed me out i wanted to know if i made progress lol, he said he would check me every week starting next week.. my group b strep also came back negative .. but what im wondering is after he measured me.. he looked at me funny and said it could be anytime now, that if i have contractions every 4-5 minutes for a hour to come in asap that i will know what contractions are (im worried cause my mom never felt her, and the one time she did she said they felt like BHC but were real ones), and if i have my water break even without contractions to come in.. did he see something when he measured me? he didnt check me so i was wondering by measuring me could he of liked seen he was pretty low or something? or maybe he was just saying cause im about to be 37 weeks.?

lestersgirls responded:
He probably just said that because your due date is so close. You're almost there! You'll be bringing Jeremy home before you know it!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

mommyof3kiddos responded:
I agree with the pp. He was likely just saying that because you're going on 37wks. Believe me...you'll know when you're having contractions!
Mommy of three crazy kids ages 4, 3, and 1. Twin girls due August!

roni090909 responded:
With DS my doctor said the same thing and DS didn't come until his EDD. It really pissed me off, I got all excited and then nothing happened for 4 weeks. He probably said it just because you are getting so close.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

kate_self_in_love replied to roni090909's response:
more than likely he said that bc you ARE so close to youre due date. my dr said the same thing around 36 weeks with my first (though i had preterm labor problems at 30 weeks) and i didn't have my son til 38 weeks so i think you'll be ok but like he said, if you have any concerns or contractions or water breaking call and/or go in to L&D just to be safe and dont worry about "asking stupid questions" bc when your a preggo mommy to be there ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS! dont worry about bugging your doc if you call them a million times a week thats what they are there for. congrats on your bundle of joy!
~~ Self Mommy ~~ Christopher Jr born July 20th 2009 6 lbs 7 oz 1:22 am BLUE TEAM AGAIN!!! JAYDEN DUE September 30 2010!!!!!

Taylove11 responded:
Did you measure on track? At my 37 week appointment, I measured 35-1/2 and my doctor told me that she could come at any time because she had dropped and was engaged in my pelvis. She also went over when to go to the hospital then.

I agree with the other girls though, he probably told you just because you are getting close.
Taryn(22), DH(29) Expecting our first after trying for 13 months! EDD 8/08. Pink team. HR on 7/16 was 138BPM

Tiphawee replied to Taylove11's response:
he never tells me what i measured.. i was measuring big though, and thats why i was concerned because after he looked at me he gave me a funny look.. but last week when he checked me he told me Jeremy was lowering.