Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
35 weeks pregnant and having strong burning feeling above my belly button
katmarrujo posted:
Does anyone know what this can be caused by? I know that its most def not heartburn because its a complete different feeling. I get the burning feeling even stronger when I get sick in the morning or when sneezing or coughing, this morning It felt really strong that I almost started crying! Is it just because my stomach is stretching so much, or what can it be!?

ReneeErin responded:
I get it too. I asked and was told it is just stretching. The times you feel it strongly also indicate it is likely stretching. Mine is always worse when I move suddenly or forcefully.
1st baby finally on the way after 11 failed cycles! Due September 12th. It's a GIRL!!!!

ChristenMarvin responded:
i don't know if I am doing the same as you, but I have a horrible burning at the base of my neck. I've asked my doctor about it and he just felt my thyroid, and then said it was where my stomach was up higher...so idk. He told me to take antacids, they help some. I always feel like im exhailing hot air, bc of the burning. So, i can definately relate to how you feel as far as the burning pain and aggravation goes. Im confident it will all go away when the LO gets here. Good luck!

Perron30 responded:
I get a pain/itch/burn just below my breast where it meets my belly. My DR said it was the stretching/moving of everything. Sometimes it really hurts because my bra hits it but it is more skin deep for me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi 33 weeks with 3rd baby girl on her way. Been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years. Currently have a six and three year old. Love my family ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.