Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Jaylonsmama
KLS0228 posted:
Just wondering what happened with the bleeding yesterday. I have been thinking about ya!!! Update us as soon as you can!!!!

FloralMom responded:
Yes! Me too! I read the other thread last night from my iPod and freaked out for her!! Since it was my iPod, it would have taken a million years to post.

Jaylonsmama - Update us!!!!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

Shauntrell responded:
Please update us, we are sooo concern. I prayed that everything was fine. (((HUGS)))))

diamond7sparkles responded:
I was thinking about her all last night and praying nothing happened!
Crystal (22) Caedance almost 2!, Madison EDD 10.25.10

lestersgirls responded:
She did say she would update if she went into work today so maybe she just doesn't have internet access at home. I hope that's the case. We'll all keep her in our prayers!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

KLS0228 responded:
bumping this just in case she happens to get on!

Jaylonsmama responded:
Thank you everyone so much for you concern!

I called the Doctor on Tuesday afterwork and told them the the contractions were still pretty regular and getting a little stronger. They said because they were consitant and then go a few minutes longer then back to being consitant that they are BH contractions and to rest. So still frustrated that I'm only 29 weeks and having contractions of any sort for a full 9 hours straight I went home and rested.

I stayed home from work yesterday to just relax, in hopes that would stop any sort of contracting. It did help a bit, I picked my son up from daycare at his normal time and we went to the zoo, as soon as I started walking around I noticed that I cramped up again. So I don't know what the think.

I go to the doc on Tuesday so I plan on taking it easy the rest of the week and then drilling my doc when I see him on what the heck is going on.

I'm just shocked that they don't want to see me just in case I am progressing, wouldn't they want to do something to stop it since it's a little early and I had a positive fetal fibronectin test (sp)?

I am a single mom, dad took off after he got me pregnant, so I am stressed out as it is, so this just really puts me on the edge.

Thanks to everyone on here that listens and is concerned. You guys really are my only support system and I appreciate you all!

KLS0228 replied to Jaylonsmama's response:
If I was you I would have just gone to L&D. If the cramping keeps up skip yoru doctor and go to L&D!!!! I am shocked they wouldn't want to see you too especially with postivie fetal fibronectin test and the bleeding in general! I woudl definatley NOT do anything extra until after you to the doctor. Just go hoem make dinner and put yoru feet up (as much as you can since you have a DS at home! LOL!). Definately TAKE IT EASY (or as easy as you can!). Try not to stress to much, but liek I said take it easy! And keep us updated!!!

KityKatK8 replied to Jaylonsmama's response:
I have to say I am shocked that your Dr didn't want to see you with the amount of contractions you were having. If you plan on waiting until Tuesday, drink lots of ice water, lay on your left side and keep your feet up between now and then.

GL!

FloralMom responded:
I'm so glad that LO has stayed put for now! It is weird that your doctor didn't want to see you, especially with a positive test!!!

Take it easy for now!!! Lots of R&R for you!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

Jaylonsmama replied to FloralMom's response:
Yes relaxation is my favorite past time! I slowly got all my house keeping done yesterday (laundry, dishes) so the rest of the week I can just take it easy and hopefully that will help things out.

At work I sit and stand all day long so that really doesn't help, already this morning I feel kind of crampy, not contractions but crampy. So that probably doesn't help any. I try to keep my butt planted in my chair as much as possible.

mommy_a replied to Jaylonsmama's response:
thanks for updating us.. we were all worrying about you. Glad you're ok

can you get someone (sisters/ mom) to help out at home for a bit? But you do sound ok so that's good

ReneeErin replied to Jaylonsmama's response:
I've felt the same way since 24 weeks. I never had any checks done to see if I had progressed at all. However, around 28 weeks they put me on terbutaline. I'm 34 weeks now. You might want to ask about terbutaline. It really helps me to be able to get up and move for part of the day without constant contractions...
1st baby finally on the way after 11 failed cycles! Due September 12th. It's a GIRL!!!!

Jaylonsmama replied to ReneeErin's response:
I'll have to ask my doctor about that when I go in. I'm kind of suprised they haven't mentioned that yet, since at 25 weeks my doc said baby might come in next 2-3 weeks. LIke ok don't we want to do something to stop that??? I guess I just overreact maybe. Who knows, I just don't want anything to happen to my baby. I hve some ovulation issues so my babies are blessings in my eyes, never know if I'll have another chance.

ReneeErin replied to Jaylonsmama's response:
It seems very odd that they haven't tried a medication or at least checked you out more carefully!! However, my doctor also said that the medication doesn't necessarily prevent labor, just prevents "false labor" contractions... He said that most of the time, a baby who wants to come early will and one who doesn't won't, regardless of the number of contractions.... You know, I certainly understand how precious our little ones are. It took us a year to get pregnant!

I hope things go well for you and that your doctor takes your concerns seriously.
1st baby finally on the way after 11 failed cycles! Due September 12th. It's a GIRL!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi everybody im qwanzee and this is my first pregnancy and ill be 18 when my lil boy get's here. im very excited and nervous at the same time, for...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.