Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
i think i lost the rest of my mucus plug
Tiphawee posted:
like i said my doctor ripped my cervix, (i have a feeling he did that membranes thing to cause he got his fingures around the babys head inside the cervix) well i went to the bathroom (been having back pains on and off) and also kinda cramps not strong, more like the beginning of your period cramps, and 4 hours later now, i went to the bathroom and a first a long strink thick mucus looking thing that was blood colored came out.. then i wiped again then a clump came out.. it was like a blood mixed with mucus color.. i think it was the end of my mucus plug...

i dont think it was the blood from him ripping my cervix because it was mixed in with the mucus.. wasnt just on it..
anyone have any ideas?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Tiphawee responded:
should i clean some and get things ready or am i over reacting?

lizhf2003 replied to Tiphawee's response:
Many women also have a "bloody show" that is a sign that labor has begun. It sounds like exactly what you described. I would start getting everything ready to head to the hossy. You're close!

KLS0228 responded:
I agree with PP. I think you may be getting ready to go into labor!!!! I would definately get ready and if its a false alarm at least you have things ready right?! LOL!! GOOD LUCK!!! Keep us updated!!!! FYI I am jealous! LOL!!! I am on ly 31w5d, so I still have a while! LOL!

Tiphawee replied to KLS0228's response:
hope so! im getting so nervous/happy but then again im trying not to let myself because i keep thinking Labor me? no way! lol

Tiphawee responded:
Should i call my doctor and let him know?

lizhf2003 replied to Tiphawee's response:
I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt. I would assume that means you're in labor and to go to the hospital, but then again I don't know if it needs to be associated with regular contractions to be considered labor. When I had my bloody show my water broke 10 minutes later, so there was no question about going to the hossy. Go ahead and call your doc and ask if that means you're in true labor or is it just another sign that labor is close?

mommyof3kiddos responded:
My doctor doesn't want me to call until either my water breaks or I am having regular timeable contractions. I would wait to see if the cramping turns into something more productive. If they start coming and going, are timeable (5-7mins apart), and getting more intense. I would do what you need to do around the house and then rest. If you are in labor you will need to rest. Plus if you rest and the cramping keeps up that's a good sign it's labor. If they fizzle out then it's likely BHC.
Mommy of three crazy kids ages 4, 3, and 1. Twin girls due August!

Tiphawee replied to mommyof3kiddos's response:
ive been resting and there about 3-6 minutes apart, but i called my doctor and he said he thinks im in the beginning stage of labor, to wait awhile and get things done then come into L&D..

but im so worried it can be a false alarm but so excited at the same time! maybe ill be posting my birth story soon!!

mommyof3kiddos replied to Tiphawee's response:
Very exciting hun!! I didn't realize they were that close together. Keep us updated. I hope to read your birth story soon!!!!
Mommy of three crazy kids ages 4, 3, and 1. Twin girls due August!

collinjames replied to mommyof3kiddos's response:
it sounds like what I went through with DD.. early labor.. you will know when you need to go in.. just keep drinking water walking around.. take a shower.. and just relax.. baby in less then 72 hours.. just think you will be holding that sweet thing.. I wish I were there i am 33 weeks 7 more for me to go..

kate_self_in_love replied to collinjames's response:
ugh i have no luck! congrats i hope to be seeing your birth story posted soon!
~~ Self Mommy ~~ Christopher Jr born July 20th 2009 6 lbs 7 oz 1:22 am BLUE TEAM AGAIN!!! JAYDEN DUE September 30 2010!!!!!

lestersgirls replied to Tiphawee's response:
Healthy labor vibes!! You may get to see Jeremy before you know it!! Rest up!!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

DaleCDean29 responded:
Wish you the best hun and I want to see that your little boy is big and healthy in a few days!
Me Dale 30 BF Chris 29 DD Bianka 7/20/10

Jaylonsmama responded:
good luck to you and hope you have a fast delivery!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (38), DH (40), DS (13 months) EDD 6/22/12 PINK TEAM YAY!!! :-)

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.