Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
QOTD 7/30
FloralMom posted:
Question of the day:

Are any of you planning on finding some lw maintenance mommy options now or shortly after LO arrives? (Example - Glasses instead of contacts, shorter hair cuts, etc)
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

Jennax907 responded:
Yep, I no longer get highlites. It's hard to find 3 hours out of the day to go get them. I figured, I'll just dye my hair back to it's original color while my kids are still young.
DH(Sean) Me(Jenna) DS (Blaine-3/28/09) DD-EDD 9/11

emyjo83 responded:
I'm not planning on finding any low maintenance options. Even though I am a mommy and this will be a child #3, I still try to look put together everyday. I refuse to be of those moms who wears sweats everywhere. It takes just as long to put on jeans as it does sweats. Anywho, I may have to adjust what time I wake up in the morning or even find quicker ways to style my hair but I like feeling put together and not all frazzled. Plus, I know my husband likes the effort as well. I think it's important for moms to spend time on theirselves as well and not let themselves fall apart after having a child.

KLS0228 responded:
Not really gonig to plan anything different! LOL!! I think its good to have some "mommy time" once in a while. I usually get my hair cut and colored every 6 weeks, I may stretch that out to every 8 now or something, but I will definatley still be getting cut and colored regularly! LOL!! If not I would be gray I think! LOL!!

mommy_a responded:
I think I kinda went low maintenance when I quit and began to be SAH. This is my first baby so of course there may be many more things I will need to cut down on that I am not anticipating. For eg. I have long thick curly hair which takes a lot of maintenance. May be the first thing to go! Ahhh my vanity..

kfitz responded:
I talked to DH about this and about saving money (not necessarily time) and thought it would be good to stop getting highlights and manis and pedis to save money. I even went to a discount chain for my last haircut. DH thought that should be the last thing to sacrifice. He said he still has his motorcycle and I should still be able to go to the spa. I haven't been since '08, but maybe I'll go back to "keep myself up" for DH. I thought I was doing good by sacrificing, but DH said we should still be able to spoil ourselves and be great parents too. I have to say I like his trend of thinking. And what mom doesn't need a break at the spa once in a while.

sarah0323 responded:
I don't think I'll give much up. I have long thick hair it goes down to the middle of my back. I made a comment to my SO that I was going to have it cut to about shoulder length. He had a fit. I do wear it in a pony tail though most of the time and I've never colored my hair. I still wear my contacts (I just see better) and I put on my makeup. Ok maybe not on the weekends if we are staying home. For me it is a small way to have me time. We can't afford the spa but I do go to a cosmetlogy school and get a mani every so often and get my eyebrows waxed every few weeks. I'm spoiled because my SO will actually paint my toes without me even having to ask. When he was growing up his mom didn't keep her self up but his step mom did. He really thinks it is important and I agree.

Isylya responded:
I don't think DH would "let" me do anything different. If that means he needs to get up earlier and help or go to bed later or, god forbid, have to watch his own child for a minute so I can get my hair done...I know he'll do it. heheh

Nope,....been a mom for over 10 years... don't plan on changing anything except diapers!

RJsMama responded:
Nope. I didn't change anything after DS#1 and I wont this time either. I get my hair done every 6-8 weeks or so and I wear makup everytime I step out of the house. Yes, I'm one of those mom's! LOL But, I just make sure I have time to get me put together before I get DS ready, I plan on doing the same this time. Lucky for me DS is 5 and cen dress himself, brush his own teeth and wipe off his own face in the mornings so that helps a ton!
Me-30, DH-31, DS-5, DS2-EDD 10/01/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

First time mother,my name is Ashley (22) Husband (23) I'm 32 weeks with a Girl (Amira Kenza ) .

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful