Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Advice asap please!
Tiphawee posted:
Okay well, today i got my cervix stretched again from 1.5/2 to a 3 and ive been crampy (not bad) with dull achy back pain.. well it being my birthday today :) me and my boyfriend decided to have a little alone time, and ended up having sex... well after that i laid there for a minute got up to go clean it out of me and stuff, and i wiped 3 times first and nothing but cum im guessing, then i wiped again and some more came out (ive also had a similar looking discharge lately) but with this 2 BRIGHT red strips came out, and now im feeling kinda crampy again not bad and lower back pain.. he told me not to freak out or think it may be labor because it could of came from his cum? how could it come from his cum?

im sure it came from me, because why would it come from him?
but anyways should i call my mom and let her know what happen? or could it be nothing? i didnt spot at all what so ever after he stretched me today, only had some green discharge then 2 little clumps of green with like a brownish discharge earlier about like 6 or 7

any ideas?

diamond7sparkles responded:
It was probably from having sex. The cervix is super irritated while your pregnant and then having sex on top of that and having your cervix stretched more than likely caused it. The brown discharge is just "old blood," meaning it's been there and oxidated before it came out. However, if your back pain becomes more intense then you may be in labor, so keep an eye on that.
Crystal (22) Caedance almost 2!, Madison EDD 10.25.10

Tiphawee replied to diamond7sparkles's response:
okay, well ive had my back pain awhile now, finally checked the time and it was 11.11pm (started before that tho) and now its 1207am and im still having it, its not going away.. and after a hour i went to the bathroom again and had a very small but like bright red blood ballish thing.
and my back pain is still here, i dont think its labor (never had labor before this is my first) but it just seems like he dont want to come out lol. but i figured i'd goto sleep and see what happens, i dont think anything will..

OH also my back pain dont go away, but i went to the bathroom thinking i had to poo but nothing and when i tried (kinda pushed) it made my back pain worse (not sure if it was related but i noticed it.

AbbeyCalvinMosesBoom responded:
I went to the hossy a couple of weekends ago because of back pain and I just thought they were going to tell me to go home and relax and found out that I was 3 cm dialted. So you never know...I would call your Dr and tell them - especially about the clumps of green - let them tell you not to worry vs. you worrying.
Toni (35) DH Bill (41) 6 pups, 4 cats, and twin girls on the way EDD 9/25.

roni090909 replied to Tiphawee's response:
What did you end up doing?
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

Tiphawee replied to roni090909's response:
i just went to sleep, i woke up this morning and am having SO much discharge, it just keeps coming out like non stop, its green and like a clear... dont know why.

lestersgirls responded:
The green discharge would really worry me. I hope you decide to go in. Better to be safe than sorry. Keep us posted.
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

lisateachermom replied to Tiphawee's response:
I would call your Dr. immediatly!!! Our Birthing class teacher said that anything that is brown/green coming out of you is most likely the baby's first bowl movement and you need medical attention right away. The clear stuff is most likely your mucous plug so it sounds like the baby is ready to enter the world!
Good luck!!!

mtlmayhem responded:
Could be part of your mucus plug?? but most probably from the sex... I never knew (or knew to look for it) when it fell out but apparently it was gone before my water broke with DS1...

The prostaglandins in the gels used to induce labour are very similar to hormones found in semen, so popular belief has it that making love can sometimes help. It's a lot more natural way to get things started if you can be bothered lol Your BF's semen contains prostaglandins that help soften or "ripen" your cervix in preparation for labor. and also we also will contract more after sex (orgasm)

Its the same principle if your cervix hasn't ripened naturally, your doctor can apply a gel or suppository (like Cervidil) to have the same effect.

I'd say, if the crampy feeling becomes a little more defined or with a pattern AND timeable... make the call and then haul tail in to L&D!

With DS1 I felt crappy all day before labour started on its own- I remember the first real contraction came during Oprah... lol I KNEW it was different, and they never let up...started in my back then wrapped around my sides like a big hug...GL keep us posted!

Kami2008 replied to lisateachermom's response:
Lurking::

When I lost my MP with both of my girls I had brownish/green discharge. You won't see if the baby went the bathroom in you until your water breaks it would gush out with that!

Tiphawee replied to Kami2008's response:
im still having all that discharge, but no cramping or back pain :( lovely.. i wish he would come out already!! 39 weeks today

Kami2008 replied to Tiphawee's response:
He will come when he is ready! I promise! the discharge tends to pick up at the end and a lot comes out! Just hang in there and enjoy the last few days of being pregnant! The end is in sight! I bet you dilated a bit more with all that cramping last night! And just because you don't feel "classic" contractions that doesn't mean you are not in labor! With my first I felt like i had to poop every 10 minutes then every 7 then every 5 finally I realized I was in labor and went into the hospital I dilated from 1cm to a 4.5 in just a few hours! So if you have any questions call your doctor! Especially where they stretched you out a bit that will help you dilate quicker! Good luck

PGinSJ replied to Kami2008's response:
I too have heard that your m/p looks kinda like snot (sorry TMI) and can be greenish. I bet that's what it is. You are supposed to lose it when you dilate beyond 1 cm so makes sense too with what you are saying. I'd still call the doc though. You may go into labor the next 2-3 days or sooner, how exciting! Keep up the good work, semen and orgasm do help to ripen your cervix as pp said : )
Christy (38) and DH (37). EDD 8/26/10, Blue team. Our first!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Becca. DH and I had been TTC for 18 cycles before success!!! It was our 3 IUI and our 2nd round with Femara and Menopur. We got our BFP...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.