Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Pet Peeves! (need to vent!) LOL!
KLS0228 posted:
Ok, so I know its hormonal and all, but I am SOO irritated with people today. So I thought I would start this little discussion just to let us vent a little bit! LOL!!

So I have a few things: (this is just today BTW! Tomorrow could be different! LOL!!)
1. Coworkers who are RUDE! UGH! I have a girl that I work with that we use to be friends, go out to eat after work, ect. Well, when I got pregnant her attitude completely changed! Now, she barely talks to me, and she won't even say good morning or anything. And when I invited her to the baby Shower she told me she was to busy and had other things to do in a very rude way. (A polite "I am busy" would have done just fine).

2. I have ALWAYS been a stickler for proper grammer when speaking, and now that I am pregnant it drives me NUTS to hear people speak poorly! (I know that is a stupid one!) But my SIL (brother's wife) always says things like, "He don't have to go to the store" instead of "He DOESN'T have to go to the store." I know stupid, but it drives me nuts!!!! LOL!!!

3. BAD DRIVERS!! OMG! This isn't a pregnancy thing, but an everyday thing! I live in Dallas and I swear NO ONE can drive in this city. They assume the road belongs to only them! Also, pretty sure they have no idea how to use blinkers!!

So, I think that is all.....for now. Until someone else does something to irritate me today! HAHA!! :)

Vent away girls! :)

soontobewith4 responded:
I hate when people say oh you must be having cravings because you are pregnant. Hmmm no how about it is just that I have a taste for something and not EVERYTHING is pregnancy related?

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE people who smack when they chew their food. I can not stand ANY noise when people eat. This is pregnant or not. I am it makes my skin absolutely crawl!

Reading messages boards and people not know the difference between, Their and There, here or hear, advise or advice, We was going... you get my point...

When my kids or husband has a soda or a ANYTHING and instead of putting the trash away.... there it sits... FOR ME to clean. They may even drop it on the floor, kick it or step on it on accident and instead of picking it up the leave it.

Having to repeat myself..

Leaving the cabinet doors open in the kitchen after getting a plate or glass.

Not reusing the same glass just causing me more dishes to do.

OMG I could go on but I am looking like the worlds biggest you know what right now.

diamond7sparkles responded:
Right now, people who claim to love their children but in all reality treat them like garbage. It hurts me to my very core. I'm on the verge of hiring a hitman at this point (just kidding)

I'm going to have to agree with bad drivers and ones have no idea what a blinker is. Seriously, how did they get a license?!

Both men and women who wear too much perfume/cologne. If I can smell you on the opposite end of the aisle in the grocery store, we have a problem!

I hate that people assume things about others. I know I do it too every once and a while but seriously, stop looking at me like I'm a poor helpless 16 year old. (no offense to any 16 year olds, it's just how they look at me) I am almost 23 years old thank you very much.
Crystal (22) Caedance almost 2!, Madison EDD 10.25.10

heatherenee responded:
I work at a bank and i've noticed lately people in general get on my nerves bad...esp the customers, not so-much co-workers. I can't stand when the come up to my window and don't know thier account numbers, or their socials, don't have a deposit slip and just hand you a wad of cash and check...u ask them how much is there and they don't know that either???? i've gotten to the point where im just saying "you dont know much do you?" with a lil smile of course...that i force out. i think i need a vacation bad.

recummings5 replied to heatherenee's response:
i work at a bank too and the people that know NOTHING about their accounts drives me nuts. They hand me a check...i cash it...then they tell me oh...i wanted $50 in my checking, $50 in my savings and the rest back in 5's and 10's. Well thanks for the info MORON!! LOL. My pregnant lack of patience is bad :)

ReneeErin replied to recummings5's response:
I totally agree with the smacking while chewing and DH leaving everything on the floor for me to clean up!! AHHH!! I hate it normally, but it's worse now!!! (especially since it's SO hard to bend over)
1st baby finally on the way after 11 failed cycles! Due September 12th. It's a GIRL!!!!

heatherenee replied to recummings5's response:
recummings5- That just happened to me tuesday in drive thru no lie!!! The guy just sent the envelope of money back in and still didn't say a word about what he wanted till i asked if there was a problem lol i literally told him after he said what he wanted that it would be impossible for me to know that without him verbally telling me...then my supervisor gave me the eyes so i had to shut up for the rest of the day and be nice... i don't know what it is lately with people UGH!!!...or maybe it just me? hard to tell some days

emyjo83 responded:
Ok the don't-doesn't thing drives me insane too.

One pet peeve I have right now is how loud I breathe. It's so obnoxious. I drive myself crazy with my own loud breathing.

I agree with the cravings thing. Maybe it's not a craving...it's just something I would like to eat. A craving is different where you will hurt someone to get what you want but sometimes something just sounds good to eat.

If our receptionist says one more comment like "I bet you are just ready to pop" I may lose it. I get that she is young and new and is trying to be friendly and nice but no I am not.

And if the lady across the hall who use to work with DH doesn't shut her trap, I will lose it on her too. I ran into her on the elevator and she exclaimed "Holy Cajoly". Yes, I am 8 months pregnant...what do you expect. DH sent me pictures of her when she was pregnant and dear jesus I am tiny compared to her. :)

and the whole "Aren't you just miserable?" comment. Not really. Do I look miserable? I am perfectly fine. Yes it's hot but I am surviving.

I could probably go on all day on this post. Rough morning! :)

lestersgirls responded:
Ok....Now you've got me started....

My belly is NOT public property! I know, people are just being curious? Not sure what it is.

This vendor where I work just came up to me and put his arm around me and said "I can't wait until you have OUR baby. Then passed another co-worker and told her that he was just walking with his "baby's mama".I have barely spoken to this man since we have worked together (for about 6 years). I know he was playing around, but please! So, in response I said "Do you have a piece of paper?" When he asked why, I tole him I would write my name down for him so he could fill out the check appropriately every month since he was so adament on being my "baby's daddy". I know, I was trying to be a smart alec, but he chuckled anyway.

Also, people acting like your nutritionist everytime you put something into your mouth. "Are you sure you should be eating that?" "Is that good for the baby?"
NNNNOOOOOOOOOO! It's probably not, but it's safer than you trying to take it away from me!! LOL!

Have a great day everyone!!! I feel better now.
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

sept24th responded:
I can't bend to tie shoes anymore, no big deal, I rarely wear shoes that need to be tied. But, yesterday at work I had to wear safety shoes and mine are like skneakers. So, the lace came untied mid afternoon and I had to ask a co-worker to tie it for me. No big deal, they are all great people, but I was embarrassed anyway.

izzybelle74 responded:
My pet peeve right now is, people that whine all day!!!!!!
there is a girl whee i work that is 23 weeks along,10weeks less than me,that completely keeps tellin me she is in much more misery than I am!!!! Please just because I don't whine about my aches and pains doesn't mean that I'm not in misery also!!! I am not saying that she is not in more misery but PLEASE !! Today she said that her belly gets in her way and another girl asked her well what about her (me) . She said oh wells she's about to pop out her baby thats my belly shouldn't be in my way or something like that ! My only thoughts were you have no belly yet and you shouldn't make them assumptions . She also told me yesterday that she wants bed rest so bad right now and I said no you don't. she informed me that she does she needs to catch up on her sleep! ok! Sorry this only one pet peeve and its soooo long but its hard holding this all in !

megcc responded:
The only person that has said anything remotely annoying to me about my pregnancy is a new dad and should know better! He's a coworker, and every other time we pass each other at work he says "any day now." Umm, I have at least 7 more weeks to go (more than likely). Please don't make it seem longer than it already is.
-Meghan(30), DH(38), EDD 9/23/10 (our first! and it's a boy!)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber (21), and DH is (20). We have been together for over 3 years and married in May. Our amazing DS was born on 10/31/2008 and is growing...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.