Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
here we go again with the contractions
Jaylonsmama posted:
For the last hour or so I have been having some pretty strong cramps / contractions, they seem to be almost constant, about every 3-4 minutes. I had a day like this last week and I called the doc and they said they were probably BH and to rest. Well today they are actually painfull more then tightening. Should I call or just rest??? I'm sick of calling all worried for them to just say get some rest.

KLS0228 responded:
Well, I would call your doctor and let htem know they are different from the other ones and more painful. I think i was told if you get up and walk around and the pain get worse or doesn't get better then they are "real" contractions, but if it goes away they are just BH. Keep us updated!!!
DD 9/25/08 (5 weeks early and 6lbs 12oz!), DS due 9/24/10 but will be here no later than 9/17/10 via C-Section!

ReneeErin responded:
I'd definitely call anyway. Do they have you on terbutaline to stop the contractions? That helps mine a lot... Hope you feel better soon!
1st baby finally on the way after 11 failed cycles! Due September 12th. It's a GIRL!!!!

Jaylonsmama replied to ReneeErin's response:
No they don't have me on anything, I was at the doctor on Tuesday and told him that I continue to have a lot of cramping / contractions and all he said is he thinks it's just going to be that way and it's just going to get worse. Didn't check me nothing. I don't get it! I've been walking around alot this morning and it doesn't help so I think I'll give them another hour and try to time them and then call. AAAAHHHHHHH I can't wait to have this baby, I don't want to be pregnant anymore!

KLS0228 replied to Jaylonsmama's response:
I agree with PP to call!!! Kepe us updated on what they say!!! How far along are you?
DD 9/25/08 (5 weeks early and 6lbs 12oz!), DS due 9/24/10 but will be here no later than 9/17/10 via C-Section!

FloralMom replied to Jaylonsmama's response:
What's your EDD? I thought your EDD was close to mine... And I've still got a while - I'd be scared to go into labor now! I'd say call your doc, and be aggressive about it - if they won't "help" you, the ER might!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

Jaylonsmama replied to FloralMom's response:
I'm 30 1/2 weeks, EDD 10/9. The cramps are almost like a shoting pain on my sides but it switches sides and when I get up to walk around that's when it hurts the most going to call and see what they say, I'll update as soon as they call me back.

lestersgirls responded:
I am due 10-12, just 3 days after you and just this week, I've been experiencing the same thing. Like you, mine are worse when I am walking around after sitting for awhile. It's enough to knock you off your feet though. I mentioned it to my doc on Tuesday and he seems to think it's BH. But I know what you mean about it being worrisome. This little guy needs to cook a little longer. Good luck!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

bcfrost816 replied to lestersgirls's response:
Definitely go to L&D if your doc doesn't take you seriously! 30 weeks is way too early for your LO to come!!
Courtney (28) DH (30) DD Peyton 19 months; baby girl 2 EDD 9/26/10

jckajmaf responded:
With my second pregnancy I was having the same thing. I would walk around a lot during the day (for work) and at night i would get braxton hicks for 4 to 6 hours. I went up to the hospital one night and had the terbutaline shot (which didn't sit well with me) it did stop my contraction for a day then right back to where I was. I felt my doctor wasn't listening to me and even went a saw a second oppinion. At 32 weeks I started having contractions around 11am which I knew wasn't normal for me. I went up to the hospital and ended up being admitted they did another terbutaline shot and it didn't NOTHING. My dr came up at 5 and checked me and I was dialating. They started me on magnesum and ended putting me in an ambulence at 5am and sending me to a hospital that was more capable of handling a premature baby if I delivered. I was hospitalized for 5 days and sent home with medication for contractions. I was being seen once a week by my doctor and would be at the hospital about 3 or 4 days after seeing him for contractions. I went that way until i had my DD at 38 weeks.

The only thing the dr or hospital would tell me was rest, drink lots of fluids and no sex.

Jaylonsmama responded:
Ok I called the doctor and the nurse said it sounds like the ligaments on the side of my uterus cramping up. Almost like a charlie horse and that they can be more bothersome in the morning due to sleeping wrong. So she said to take Tylonal. My next appointment is with a differant doc then my normal one cause he's on vaca so I'm interested to see what he says. I plan on telling him about all the cramps / contractions and see what his opinion is on all this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I met in college in 2000, started dating in 2002 and were married in 2008. We are expecting our first, a son, in May, although I don...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.