Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
what kind of diapers do you use?
recummings5 posted:
Ok i'll be the first to admit it....i'm a bit of a diaper snob. When DD was first born we used the pampers swaddlers because let's face it...they are amazingly soft. Then after a few weeks we switched to Huggies gentle diapers. I loved them for a young but not so newborn baby. Then once those got too pricey and baby got bigger we switched to just the regular snug and dry Huggies. Now we use the new Pampers because everything else leaks. We were gifted multiple packages of 'off brand' diapers in the beginning but i usually ended up giving those away to others who i knew were struggling. We by no means are we 'well off' but diapers was usually somewhere that i didn't compromise because hey...who enjoys being peed on or changing your kids diapers 3x in 3 hours when out and about? So i don't know how i'll be with baby #2...i do know that i'll try everything that we're given but if i find one that doesn't work i'll just reserve them for at home use only. So how is everyone else with diapers....do you use whatever or are you a snob like me, LOL!!

Take the Poll

What kind?
  • Pampers Strictly
  • Huggies Strictly
  • LUVS Strictly
  • Whatever is on sale or i have a coupon for
  • Store brand of choice
vote
View Poll Results

sarah0323 responded:
With my first I only used Huggies. She was allergic to Pampers. With our 2nd DC I started with Huggies and then switched to the Sam's brand. With the 3rd & 4th we stayed with the Sam's brand after they get out of the newborn stage. I plan on doing the same thing this time as well.

roni090909 responded:
In the beginning I think swaddlers have the best fit. But I am really skeptical about them with the dry max. DS had a severe reaction to the new dry max formula. I did break down and buy a pack to try, hopefully she won't react to them like DS did. I found that once they hit a size 2, pretty much anything fits them. My favs are Pampers, now DS wears baby dry and most likely the new baby will too. But I do put him in Huggies too, if I get a good deal.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

KityKatK8 responded:
I'm with you Roni, I don't trust those Dry Max diapers. So far DD hasn't had a reaction, but I have only used one a day, for no more than 2 hours. I am pleased I was able to snag 2 large boxes of Swaddlers from BJs before they were all Dry Max.

DD did seem to react to Luvs, so I don't use those so much. She leaked with the Huggies newborn diapers, and I never tried any of their other sizes. I tried the BJs store brand and although they didn't leak, they didn't fit as well and felt odd. I have heard good things about Target diapers, though.

For this baby, I am stocking up less, to see what the baby tolerates, and how large it is. DD was so small, she was in newborn diapers forever!

Jaylonsmama responded:
I like the Pampers swaddlers for newborn cause they are tiny and sooooo soft, but after that, I see nothing wrong with Target brand. They are 1/2 the price and work great for my son.

KP1985 responded:
I should have been more specific... We use Pampers Swaddlers to start, but then switch to Luvs all the way. Unless we happen to make it to Sam's Club, then it's Member's Mark. Both of those have worked for us - and believe me, I have changed a massive amount of diapers in the last 3 years...

Jennax907 responded:
I'm all about shopping at Costco. We use Huggies because every so often a $9 off coupon comes in the mail and I can get 200 diapers for $30 something dollars.
DH(Sean) Me(Jenna) DS (Blaine-3/28/09) DD-EDD 9/11

emyjo83 replied to KP1985's response:
Oh I feel you...we've had a kid in diapers the last four years. We are in pull-ups right now but that's still close to diapers. I love Pampers Swaddlers but we will also use Luvs when they get a little bit older.

recummings5 replied to KityKatK8's response:
I was scared to use the Dry Max diapers from Pampers but walmart had a gift pack on sale for $15 that i couldn't resist. Our Huggies were starting to hold up less and less and with a full diaper if you put any pressure on it you got wet. So i gave them a shot and hoped for no skin reactions like all of the horror stories said and luckily we haven't had any issues. They hold up great for us and really do hold a lot of mess!

FloralMom replied to recummings5's response:
With DS I used the Target brand diapers and I loved them! Inexpensive and did the job better for DS than some of the high dollar diapers!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

An_216689 responded:
Cloth only.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Great poll! I used Huggies on my little ones. Now my oldest is 28.

dwaw02 responded:
I voted "whatever" but so far with this one I've been a Pampers girl...although so far MIL has supplied them and that's what she's supplied

We tried some generics and they leaked with DD. So we'll see!
Angela, DS (5), DD born 7/18/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 35 years old and expecting my first baby im march. And to my surprise its going to be a boy. Ive had no problems so far other then the normal stu...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.