Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Venting.....
collinjames posted:
okay.. I am a lead receptionist for a hospital.. Last week I recieved a phone call after I was already home on how to change toner in one of our printers. I was a little peeved that that was a phone call that was even needed to be made.. literally the process is take a new toner off the shelf ( we moved 4 years ago they have been in the same spot for 4 years) open the box rip the pakage open tear the strip off and take the old out and replace with the new.. no messes at all.. really all the docs can figure it out how came the educators can not.. any way.. I reminded them all that Reception staff does not use the printers as they are not close to us and not practical for us to us.. so there for we would never know when the toner was low or even out.. I got a nasty gram stating that it is clerical postion and that we should tend to this.. and so on.. the only problem with this is they should know how to maintain an item the us on a daily basis.. they also have fair warning of when the toner is running low because it blinks and says toner low for like a week before it will not print anymore.. so What do i do about this..

I have taken it to my director.. she is on my side saying they should know how to do this since they are using it.. I also had one person email back saying she is in GOOD CLOTHES and that she does not want to ruin them by doing my job.. REALLY LADY scrubs are just as spendy as good clothes sometimes more depending on what you are willing to spend.. so can you see why that is just a little peeving.. what would you all do.. i have not responded to anything left it with my director..
YUCK....

nyoka4u responded:
Sounds like you work with some real rocket scientists. Lol. It's amazing how people think because you are a receptionist that you are also a copier guru. It's not that hard to replace a toner cartridge. If you do it right, it's not even messy. And as far as the Good Cloths comment, really? Idiots. Sounds like some of the people I work with who have advanced degrees and wet couldn't find their a$$ with both hands, a friend and a map. Good luck and I would for sure let the director know that these people are clearly overpaid and that if you were supposed to be the copier guru, you should get the extra money from these people.

lestersgirls responded:
Not to mention, WHY ARE THEY CALLING YOU AT HOME? Leave it with your director. Sounds like your co-workers don't deserve a response from you. They already have wasted enough of your time. Good luck!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Mommy to a beautiful 16 month old little girl with another princess on the way who is due in May! I am also a Stepmother to 2 precious little b...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.