Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story/TRIGGS
AltMomma posted:
Adrian Lane was born via scheduled csection on August 4th @ 7:58 am. He weighed 9 lbs, 15 oz!!, 21 inches. He had to stay in the NICU due to low blood sugar/low temp, and then a spontaneous infection (same thing happened to my first son). He will be discharged tomorrow!! :D

LONG:
So, i went to my appt. on Monday (august 3rd), and my blood pressure was through the roof. They tested my urine, and it was +2 protein, the highest its ever been. So, my OB decided that the next day, i would have my csection. I came in at about 530 in the morning, and they got me prepped. At about 730, they wheeled me down to surgery, and started doing the spinal. It took him 2 tries to get it in (which ended up giving me a spinal headache afterwards, and i still have it!). The finally got it in, and layed me down. They put my cathether in, but i started to freak out because i wanted to move, but couldnt. They put the screen up, and my hubby came in, and he calmed me down, kept my mind off of things. I could feel alot of pressure and pulling, and at 758, he was born. He let out a big cry, and ALL the doctors were saying how big he was! I guess, also, during the surgery, they broke my water and it sprayed all the doctors. I was later told i had a "extreme" amount of amniotic fluid. Oh joy! lol!
They brought him back to the room, and i came in later. They discovered his temp, and blood sugar was low, so they took him to the NICU before i could even nurse him. They later found some strange infection, and started him on antibiotics. He lost 10 ounces so far, but he is starting to gain it back. They told me today that if his feeds go well tonight, he can come home tomorrow :D. Im home now without him, and it totally sucks. But, im excited to bring him home.

I do have a few questions about postpartum stuff, if you ladies can help. I KNOW i shouldnt have done this, but i had sex lastnight, very gentle, but still had it, which didnt hurt me or anything...but im wondering if that can cause an infection. My bleeding has increased, and is still bright red. Also, i feel sick to my stomach, and my abdomen is tender (it wasnt before). My incision looks ok, but im worried about my uterus. Any of you experience this?

Also, i came down with a spinal headache, which is literally the worst thing i have ever experienced. Its been a week, and its still here. Its not as intense as before, which the doctor says shows its trying to heal. He wouldnt do a blood patch because he said if it is trying to heal, i should let it do that instead of doing the patch. Any tricks to make that go faster or have any pain relief? Im on vicoden and ibuprofen 800s, and that doesnt even work.

Thanks ladies, and i will post pics as soon as i can.

yvetteb81 responded:
congrats to the birth of your son, very excititng.
I am sorry i wouldnt know abut sex after c sections.....:)

Tiphawee responded:
Congrats :) and this is my first so i dont really know anything abt the sex after c section.

bcfrost816 replied to Tiphawee's response:
I've never had a c-section, but I'm pretty sure you are still not supposed to have sex for 6 weeks, the same as in a vaginal birth. I would definitely mention it to your OB at your appointment or call if you start having more pain in your belly or more heavy bleeding.

I can't believe you wanted to have sex!!! LOL
Courtney (28) DH (30) DD Peyton 19 months; baby girl 2 EDD 9/26/10

diamond7sparkles responded:
Congrats!!
Crystal (22) Caedance almost 2!, Madison EDD 10.25.10

emyjo83 responded:
I have had the spinal headache. I ended up having a bloodpatch but other things that they said would help are caffeine. Also, if you need some immediate relief, lay down completely flat. No pillow. You will be amazed how fast it goes away but it does come back when you get up. I would drink a few mountain dews! :)

roni090909 responded:
congrats on your BIG boy!!!!

I have no advice on the other things.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations AltMomma! I hope your son is home soon.

I hope you still update us with how you and Adrian are progressing. You can also graduate to the Baby's First Year Community. Here is a link : http://exchanges.webmd.com/newborn-and-baby-exchange Dan Brennan, MD, is an award-winning, board-certified pediatrician and the expert for that community.

KityKatK8 responded:
How is your temp? I agree with PP that sex is poses a risk for infection, particularly since you have an incision in your uterus. Take it easy and the bleeding should lighten up. You bleed more if you are doing too much. Keep checking your incision.

You should be having your incision appointment in a few days, yes? So as long as your temp and incision continue to do well, I would wait until then to bring it up, but if anything changes, call them pronto, as you could have an infection.

Per the spinal headache, I didn't have that, so I can't help, but I recall hearing something about lying down as much as possible, so I would agree with the PP who knows about that!

GL!

lestersgirls responded:
I am so sorry you are going through the spinal headache!! I was so miserable with mine! I agree with pp about laying down. It goes away, but AS SOON as you sit up, it is right back. I cannot believe you are even functioning with this headache and a newborn!! My doctor would not let me leave without the blood patch. I was amazed at how the headache instantly went away when they did it!! Good luck!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

AltMomma replied to bcfrost816's response:
Yeah, i dont know why...but ever since i gave birth, i just want to all the time! Of course, right after my section, i didnt, but about 5 days after, i was ALL over my hubbs, and then i DTD that one night, and a little bit more a bit later. We used condoms, im on my BC again...we are being safe..im just nervous about my insides...my bleeding increases every time, then slows down.
I think i need to make my hubbs ugly somehow (which isnt possible)...i honeslty cant contain myself! (TMI, i know lol)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Lilli (23) DBF (30) EDD 5/21/10 ,being induced 5/14/10 BLUE TEAM !!! I am so excited to be having my first ( and last) LO : )

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.