Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Will I get nothing from my registry?
sweetbaby82 posted:
My shower is in a week and I checked the registry and only 2 things have been purchased...pacifiers and breast pads! Does this mean I will get none of the larger items I wanted? I am getting concerned as I am due soon! What do you think based on experience?
First Baby, Baby Boy EDD 9/18/10!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

roni090909 responded:
With DS had got a bunch of stuff that was on my registry, even though I thought I wasn't. The guests never scanned the paper during check out, so it didn't get taken off my registry. I think I got 5 sets of the same set of towels, it was kind of funny. Also, alot of people don't shop until right before the party. Try not to worry about it yet.

A little trick I learned if you are registered at BRU and you get stuff you don't want. You can add it to your registry and then add amounts in. They will let you return for store credit this way, even if the gift giver didn't give you a gift receipts. Then you can buy what you want.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

KLS0228 responded:
I totally understand. At one of my showers I got NOTHING from my registery and got nothing but 0-3 Mon. CLOTHES or clothes that weren't even the right season! Its frustrating but I tried to be appreciative! Then at my shower down here, I got a few things from my registery. So, it was pretty much a bust. And we are totally have to many 0-3 month clothes, he won't even get to wear them all I don't think!!! Also, some people wait to the last minute to buy stuff or they don't give the cashier the registery. With DD my registery was pretty much empty but I got TONS of stuff from it they jsut didn't use it to mark it off, so I did that online after the shower was over. I hope you end up getting a lot from your registery!!!!
DD 9/25/08 (5 weeks early and 6lbs 12oz!), DS due 9/24/10 but will be here no later than 9/17/10 via C-Section!

jessica5289 replied to KLS0228's response:
It is different for everyone but in my experience no one bought off the registry. It was really frustrating at first but I got over it. I hope you have a great shower and get lots of things you really want and need.

AbbeyCalvinMosesBoom responded:
I was really worried about that too - with us having twins we kept trying to figure out what we could afford to buy and when we would need things by. However, when it came closer to my shower - we ended up with not only all the stuff we thought we were going to have to buy - but gift cards and so on to buy the things that weren't on the list. It is very nerve wracking....but in the end it worked out great for us - and for me - if I got something that was similar to what we wanted but not exactly - we were still happy about it and didn't bother returning anything - I was just so grateful that someone thought to get it for us.

The one thing that was weird was the fact that on my registry things were checked off that were bought but we never received them. So that is something we are going to have to look into getting at some point.

Hang tight - hopefully - like us you have a lot of last minute shoppers or maybe you will get lucky and get gift cards...that is just as good!

Keep us posted,
Toni
Toni (35) DH Bill (41) 6 pups, 4 cats, and twin girls on the way EDD 9/25.

eliguns841984 responded:
I've found that a lot of people do not shop from the registry. Unfortunately the things we need, like bottles and first aid kits, are not fun to shop for. People often prefer to just buy cute little clothes and stuff. THEN they think they're being smart shoppers by buying stuff in a bigger size, but they buy it for the current season so you can't use it anyway! (i.e. it's july and they buy you a 6-9 mo size summer outfit that doesn't fit baby until winter). Just try to be appreciative and remember that you can always exchange for store credit!

Isylya responded:
We had the same thing happen. We had like 4 items on the registry marked off. That was it. Only one of the larger items were purchased, it was the stroller (All of the people at my work chipped in for it, I knew we were getting it. hehe) But I was really worried.
We ended up getting EVERYTHING except the highchair, as far as bigger ticket items go. I had to go and update the registries after the shower to reflect what was purchased.

We also got a couple of hundred of dollars in gift cards which came in handy for a bunch of the smaller items that weren't purchased. I ended up buying about 15 smaller items with them.
I wouldn't worry too much until after the shower is over. My best friend was a saint though! haha! She ended up going hog wild and buying us several items off the list.

Something else I just thought of too. I didn't notice until after I did the registries, was that quite a few items were not available in the stores and only online. But, since I'm on bed rest, I had to do my registries from home without even seeing the items first.
We ended up getting the items, but not the exact ones...I'm almost grateful for it though.... I liked the ones we got instead better than what I originally picked out.

Good luck mama!!

SunConure responded:
I actually had a lot purchased from my registry's, but people did wait until the last minute to shop, which drove me nuts, LOL! Some people even waited the day of! I also got a lot of stuff not on my registry, but I am not to picky about towles and things like that so I didn't have to return anything! An you should get a discount coupon in the mail from where ever you registered so you can buy the rest of your items. I'm due 09/13 and I got my BRU 15% card in the mail last week, so that helps.
Terra(24)Jeff(25), BFP 01/06 Rylee Lynn is due 09/13 our first! Induction at 39 weeks, only 4 weeks to go :)

1stbabyoct responded:
I look at my registry from time to time too to see if anything is purchased. I agree with pp. Most people do not remember to give the checkout person the registry info or they get the list, but get something similar, or they go to another store where they have a credit card, discount or coupon to get something.

Just go on to you registry afterwards and make whatever changes are needed. I didn't delete anything. I marked things as purchased or added things first and then marked as purchased.

You should still have a few weeks after your shower to get anything(hopefully w gift cards) that is really needed that is stil MIA after the shower.
Counting the days til October!!

KLN777 responded:
I had two showers. The first was mostly my parents neighbors who knew me growing up. They all have older kids so none of them have shopped for baby stuff in a loooooong time. I didn't get anything from my registry. Everyone bought stuff that they thought was cute or fun or things they liked when they had their kids. It was really nice and everyone was thoughtful in their own way, but it was frustrating that we didn't get anything we really needed.

Then some of my girlfriends where I live threw a shower for me, with far less people, but they got us a TON of stuff from our registry. So it can really go either way. (I also have an aunt who is a shop-a-holic and bought about half of our registry and then some and filled my living room with great stuff when she came to visit.)

As pp said, there will likely be a lot of people who shop at the last minute. So you still might get a lot of stuff. If you find you still need bigger stuff, watch out for the 20% off coupons BRU does. For stuff that you don't get and won't need the day you bring your baby home, you can use those coupons to save a lot of money if you use them on the more expensive items. We saved a few hundred dollars using those over the last 8 mos or so.

Good luck! And either way, just remember to have fun and enjoy the people who love you! No matter when they get, they wouldn't be there at all if they didn't love you and already love your baby!

sweetbaby82 replied to KLN777's response:
Thanks for all your replies. I didnt think about people not scanning the items when they bought them, so that makes me feel a little better. Lets hope thats the case, and if it is, I may be getting double of some things! Does anyone know if I can get store credit for items at BRU without a receipt. What do some of you mean when you say you can go online and mark items as purchased? How do you do that? And then to get the % off do you need to buy all the remaining items or can you just pick and choose?
First Baby, Baby Boy EDD 9/18/10!!

roni090909 replied to sweetbaby82's response:
You can get store credit for items that don't have a gift receipt, you just have to add them on your registry and update the amount.

To update the amount you should just be able to type the amount in the box under purchased and then click on update.

I think the % off coupon is a one time coupon and the items you buy have to be on your registry. I never received it with DS, so I don't know if I would count on it too much.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

risdiane responded:
I was having the same concern and had a shower yesterday and got a lot of stuff that was not taken off my registry. In one situation the person bought me two things off my registry and one was marked purchased and the other wasnt... I had maybe 5 things marked as purchased and received over 25things I registered for. Some of the people bought from other stores and some of it just didnt show as purchased.

Dont give up hope yet.... I will say I have a theory on boys - you are more likely to get stuff you need and register because there just arent as many cute clothes for boys or they arent as fun to dress up! Just my theory...

An_216698 responded:
got a lot of stuff that was not on my registry. mostly clothes and blankets. but i also got a lot of gift cards and money so i was able to buy the stuff i really needed. good luck!

KSHoh responded:
I had my shower last Saturday and I got a few things from my registry but not a lot. I am thankful that my mother inlaw did get the car seat and stroller. I got some gift cards which did help some.
Me(32) EDD: 9/27 Team Blue

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 beautiful children (2 boys and a girl)

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.