Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
a little unsure
hawaiianmommy posted:
So as of lately I have been scard about babys cord being wraped arround her when she is ready to come out and i tryed to talk with dr about this and they did a NST on me yeaster day and they said movement is fine but i just can't shake this feeling that it will happen and i can prevent it. my dr does not want to do a u/s she feels that there is no need for it baby is fine but i rilly think we should do and U/S. I do not know why i feel so strong about this when DS was orn every thing was fine i have not had any problems before i have not talk with any one about there babys cord be wraped or wached any thing that it has happen but i relly relly cant get over it. do any of you lady feel like this or am i just scaring my self . I mean i wake up in the middle of the night think about this please help. I am due in two weeks.

ReneeErin responded:
I always worry about stuff like this, but I'm really trying to just pray about it and forget it... Most of the time, even when the cord is around the neck, babies are fine. Good luck!
1st baby finally on the way after 11 failed cycles! Due September 12th. It's a GIRL!!!!

ILoveTeaching responded:
I had this same freak out last week after I heard a story about someone having to have a scheduled c-section due to the cord being wrapped around the neck. I asked my doctor about it and he said that he's delivered many healthy babies with cords wrapped around necks, one was even wrapped around like 6 times. He even said he would never schedule a c-section only because of the cord, and that there must have been other factors involved in this other person's situation. According to him it's not something to stress over, and that the main thing at this point is to monitor baby's movement. Hope that helps!

sarah0323 responded:
Lurking... but I'll be here next week.

My DS1 cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. I didn't even know it until my SO said something to me afterwards. The nurses never said anything (he was delivered by the nurses the DR. didn't make it in time). He was fine. Both you and the baby will be monitored and if the baby shows any disstress they will take steps to make sure everything is ok. I know it is hard not to worry but try to relax and trust in the medical staff.

SunConure responded:
I would try not to worry about it. Right now if the cord is around the neck baby is fine cause there still in the womb and the cord is loose. Even during delivery they can tell if the baby is in distress by the heartrate and could quickly do a c-section if needed. I'm not sure if they could tell by ultrasound if the cord was even around the neck, could they? Lots of babies are born with cords around the neck and are perfectly healthy, try not to stress!
Terra(24)Jeff(25), BFP 01/06 Rylee Lynn is due 09/13 our first! Induction at 39 weeks, only 3 weeks to go :)

lisax4156 replied to SunConure's response:
They can tell by u/s if a cord is wrapped around the neck. I asked this at the last u/s I had the day before having my baby. She said they can. While the cord wasn't around his neck, it was dangling in front of his forehead and he was trying to move it. I guess it was bugging him. They also can color the u/s picture for the blood and oxygen flow as well.
33 (me) 30 (BF) 19 (DD) 15 (DS) and baby No.3 due 8/10.. It's a BOY! His name is Tristan. He was born at 36w0d on 7-14-10. 5lbs 14ozs, 18in.

hawaiianmommy responded:
thank you all for the reply it does make me feel a little better but IDK I gest i think to much . HAHA

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am a 26 year old mother of two, stepmother of two, and have one due in may. My first baby was 5 weeks early, second was induced, and now I am que...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.