Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
BIRTH STORY!! LONG
Tiphawee posted:
okay well on sunday 8-15-10 i posted that me and my BF had sex and i thought my water broke.. and you ladies said to walk around and see if it keeps doing it.. well i figured i'd get up and take the laundry down stairs cause it needed to be done well i went into the bedroom and was like omg i have to pee ran to the bathroom before i pee'd water came out.. then i pee'd and after wiping good and what not i stood up and water kept pouring out of me! i was freaking out i was like "DeeJay i cant stop peeing myself!" lol well i called my mom put a pad on and got ahold of the doctor and he said to eat and relax do whatever i had to do then come in. well my mom had to drop my neice off at someones house so they could watch her well i stepped out in front of the van to let my niece out and my water came out so much it went everywhere! and there was so many people outside they were looking at me like "why is she peeing herself!" lol! well i got to the hospital about 8pm and got checked in and after a few minutes they came in and had to change my bed pad how bad i was leaking and the nurse said to the other one "oh i just cleaned up lake michigan over here." ... and my bf couldnt stop laughing.. they came in and did my IV and got me in my room.. started me on potocin well i started having some contractions but they werent staying (i couldnt feel these at all but they were strong) well then the doctor wanting them to put internal monitors in my :( i hated it and as soon as they put them in i started feeling them contractions.. waiting but then i couldnt stand them anymore so they came in to give me the epi (i was so scared) but compared to them contractions it didnt even hurt!! well after about 4 hours (i didnt get any sleep) i started having a horrible cramp in my upper and lower left butt side.. and omg it was every contractions i thought i was dying! well they gave me a totally of 6 bowls into my epi and nothing helped i was crying and in so much pain.. oh and from 5 cm to 10cm my body was pushing on its own.. well finally after having 3 things in me and that i was a ten :) i started pushing well practice pushing and she put her hand there and told me to push so hard to push her hand out and she said his headwas right there.. well after about 8 pushes his head was there! and my doctor wasnt in the room but the one nurse? grabbed his head and said okay one more strong push then pop there he was.. she set him on my stomach but i was in shock.

he was born 8-16-10 139pm 6 pounds 14 ounces 20 and a half inches long!
he wasnt the 8 pound baby people kept saying he was, i had to stay till wednesday because i bled to much at first.
and right now were at home and im typing w one hand holding him while he sleeps w the other :) he has a very mild cry and doesnt really cry at all.
oh and also were waiting to see if hes going to get any darker (BF is mixed)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Shauntrell responded:
Awww what a beautiful baby boy. I knew that was your water that was leaking but I didn't say anything because this is my first and I really don't know too much about that. But congrats and take care!

FloralMom responded:
Congratulations!!!!!!! What a cutie!!!

I'm glad that you made it! Now comes the hard part... raising him! LOL! :wink:
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

ingramsept responded:
Congratulations, I was wondering if you had gone into labor when I didn't see any posts from you. I am very happy for you. Enjoy your little one.
September 33, Ryan 35 and Max edd 10/2

roni090909 responded:
He's such a cutie!!! Congrats Momma :smile:
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

KLS0228 responded:
CONGRATS!!!!! He is beautiful!!!!! Enjoy every minute of him!! :)
DD 9/25/08 (5 weeks early and 6lbs 12oz!), DS due 9/24/10 but will be here no later than 9/17/10 via C-Section!

mamatobe08 responded:
Congrats! We knew it was your water lol. :) He's a cutie!

SunConure responded:
Congrats! He is a keeper, so cute!!!!!!
Terra(24)Jeff(25), BFP 01/06 Rylee Lynn is due 09/13 our first! Induction at 39 weeks, only 3 weeks to go :)

DaleCDean29 responded:
Congrats he is adorable :)
Me Dale 30 BF Chris 29 DD Bianka 7/20/10

lestersgirls responded:
Oh my goodness!! He is so beautiful! Congratulations! You did it girl!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

Sweetpea0916 responded:
Am I missing something?? I don't see him or where to click to see a picture of him... :(

Congratulations!!

diamond7sparkles responded:
Congrats! He's beautiful!!
Crystal (22) Caedance almost 2!, angel baby 11.09, Madison EDD 10.25.10

Sweetpea0916 responded:
Aww!! Now I see him! I guess my work computer won't let me see pics. He is adorable!

azeliag responded:
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!

emyjo83 responded:
Congratulations! Your post got me so excited for my little girl to come. He is such a cutie!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married since January of this year with a beautiful wedding in snowy Lake Tahoe. We found out that we were pregnant shortly...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.