Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Fetal Hiccups Question
Anda313 posted:
I am 28 preggo and I was wondering about baby hiccups. I know that they are rhythmic motions that can be felt. I have felt rhythmic motions that would, I think, be classified as hiccups but I am not totally sure. The motions are close together and the same. Just trying to figure out if he has the hiccups or not :) :) :) I am absolutely LOVING my whole pregnancy!!!!

FloralMom responded:
The baby hiccups are a whole lot closer together than "our" hiccups are. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've actually experienced baby hiccups during a doppler, so my practicioner confirmed that they were indeed "hiccups". They are only a second or two appart usually (for me anyways). Hope that helps!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

Anda313 replied to FloralMom's response:
Thanks so very much!!!! They are really close together like you said and I wanted to put it in my post but thought it would sound kind of silly :) I am SO happy to know they are hiccups :) I read that they are supposed to be a sign of a healthy baby, but I cannot believe everything I read. Again, thanks so much!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful