Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Possible Early Delivery- freaking out!!
lestersgirls posted:
So, I'm 33w 2d and went to my appts today. Had to turn in 24 hour urine collection, had an ultrasound for amniotic fluid level and NST. Then, I had to see my doc and he was in emergency surgery. Nurse told me that he called up and said that I needed to stay until he got out.
When I saw him, he told me that my 24 hour urine test was terrible and there was a lot of protein in my urine! I have high blood pressure and I'm diabetic. He said I have to come back for more blood work tomorrow and do another 24 hour urine this weekend. He said if it doesn't improve significantly, he will send me to another hospital with a NICU on Monday and the doctors will decide what to do, but he thinks delivery is what they will decide!! What?!! I'm not ready! That is, if he doesn't send me tomorrow.
He even started steroid shots today and tomorrow to speed up the baby's lung development because he says pre-e has started and he feels like delivering is going to be the safest option.
He reassured me that I can have a healthy baby, he just may have to stay in the hospital for a little while.
Now I'm freaking out and to top it off, DH is like "oh well, I'm gonna take the boat out this weekend". No big deal. Seriously!!

Anyone else deal with this! Advice and prayers please. Thanks!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08),  Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

roni090909 responded:
The good news is that your baby will probably be pretty healthy if delivered this early. Try to get done what you can this weekend and just hope for the best.

I am sorry you are going through this. My thoughts are definitely with you.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

jessica5289 replied to roni090909's response:
I know how you are feeling. I have been on hospital bed rest because I have pre e. It is scary to think about what could happen. I agree with pp. Get your stuff together while you can. I hope they try bed rest before they deliver. I am lucky to have made it to 38 weeks. We will be having our lo in the morning. Good luck keep us posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Erin. I'm 24 and my DH is 24. We got married Dec. 2, 2006. We have one dog whose name is Fang. He's a spoiled brat! We started TTC ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful