Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Thursday's "GET OVER IT"
KLS0228 posted:
We had Tornados in Dallas yesterday! ( So I come into work today and knew that coworker-zilla (the one that hates me) lives otu where there were some more tornados and I asked her today if everthing was ok were she was. And she said, (very rudely/coldly), "Everything is fine. And they weren't even that close to our house. It was like 3 miles away." Ok. Sorry for checking on you!! So then I said, "Ok. Well, since I am from Ks and use to tornados 3 miles is pretty close, and probably to close for my comfort!" And I even laughed a little bit. SHE ROLLED HER EYES, Then I said, "Sorry, for checking up on you and trying to make conversation. Won't make that mistake again, don't worry." GRRR!!!
Two:
I asked DH if he would drop DD off at daycare today so I could go into work early since I am getting ready to go on Maternity leave and need to make sure I get stuff done. And becuase he told me yesterday that he couldn't pick her up today becuase he is "busy." whatever that means. So, no big deal. If he can take her I can get up early not HAVE to worry about getting her ready and me ready adn be at work by 7! That WAS teh plan, until my lazy butt husband doesn't get up until 7! I was up at 6:30 getting myself ready and then DD woke up so I figured I woudl throw some clothes on her so she would be already. I kept trying to wake him up and he kept going back to sleep and then got all mad AT ME! So I finally just lost it this morning. And SCREAMED "I get myself and HER ready EVERYDAY. All I want is ONE DAY from you and you can't even do that for ME! You better get your act together because when Xander gets here YOU WILL BE GETTING UP EARLY TO HELP! I am tired of beign the ONLY ONE that does ANYTHING around here and I get NO CREDIT FOR ANYTHING! I am yoru wife and her mother, and its my job to take care of you both, but same goes for YOU!!!" I just LOST IT! I am so angry at him right now. So instead of being at work by 7 or even 7:30 it was like 7:45, which means now I will have to stay later probably!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if anyone needs and extra husband I have one for sale!

So, to my coworker adn to my husband GET OVER IT!
DD 9/25/08 (5 weeks early and 6lbs 12oz!), DS due 9/24/10 but will be here no later than 9/17/10 via C-Section!

hopeks27 responded:
LOL!!! I love to hear I am not alone!! I want to put my husband up for sale to!!
I am losing my job. Cried delt with it and now just going with the flow. DH looks at me and says this will be great the house will be clean and dinner cooked for me. WTH!!! I already do all that! All I ever ask of you is clean the litter box if you won't let me and rondomly do stuff around the house!!! I work 10hrs come home cook clean up do laundry get DD ready for bed then get you ready for work then go to be at 10pm so I can get up and do it all over at 5:30am. Can you not fold or help fold a basket of laundry?!! Don't I have the right to ask you to do the dishes since you have been home and awake alllllll day!!! and not moved off the couch!!!

I want to sell him!!! No wait I will give him away!!!!
Get over it Honey I am not a maid!!!

lestersgirls responded:
I'm paying someone to take mine!!
I tell mine "IF I'M GOING TO BE A SINGLE PARENT AND DO IT ALL, I DON'T NEED YOUR MOUTH TO FEED OR YOUR LAUNDRY TO DO TOO!"
I get really resentful that he get so much sleep and I don't get any. I'm afraid it'll get worse when the baby gets here. One good thing is that my daughters are 5 and 7 and they are actually a TREMENDOUS help when I need it, but they shouldn't have to do what he should be doing!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

michelleloehr replied to lestersgirls's response:
So to be far to my DH before I let into him he is 1000 miles away but....

I work a 9.5 - 10 hour day (really need to OT since we are down to my income), get home do all the things that need down around the house normally, then I pack boxes for the move. Crash in bed about 10:30 toss and turn till 12 wake up at 3:30 to pee and then the alarm goes off at 5 where I get to eat breakfast and make sure the house is stagged in case it needs shown throughout the day and then go to work. All 31 weeks pregnant.

I call him about 10 minutes ago and his mad because I woke him up from his NAP. WTF your living w/ my parents so you don't have to cook and you only have to keep one room in the whole flipping house clean. Oh but his tired. Really you really want to go there buddy.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Clapping my hands! Good for you!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to michelleloehr's response:
I think mothers should give toilet brushes to their sons as birthday presents so they get the hint while they are young!

RJsMama replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Agreed! My 5 yr old DS helps me clean all the time! And I'm hoping to keep it that way! Even if it's a clean rag that he thinks he's dusting with, at least he's learning! LOL
Me-30, DH-31, DS-5, DS2-EDD 10/01/10

KLS0228 replied to RJsMama's response:
When I clean I have DD help me too! She is almost 2 (on the 25th!!), and she sings the CUTEST "clean up" song!!! She got it from the church nursery and they sing it when its time to clena up. But she goes like this, "Clean up, clean up, everybody clean up. Mama, CLEAN UP!" LOL!!! She gets so excited about it! LOL!! And she helps fold laundry!! She LOVES folding towels and she does a pretty darn good job at it too!! LOL!!!
DD 9/25/08 (5 weeks early and 6lbs 12oz!), DS due 9/24/10 but will be here no later than 9/17/10 via C-Section!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to RJsMama's response:
All my boys do chores! (not just male chores either) I don't know where men get this idea that women are servants. (not all men but some)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to KLS0228's response:
We sing the exact same song!

KLS0228 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Really?!! LOL!! I know they had to have gotten it off a cartoon or something, but I just don't know which one! LOL!! I LOVE when she sings it!! Always puts a smile on my face!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to KLS0228's response:
I think it was Barney! I love my family but if I don't put my foot down my home stays dirty.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my hubby are expecting our first, due 11/25...Thanksgiving day! I thought that was ironicallly appropriate and sweet! We are super excited but ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful