Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
False Alarm
lestersgirls posted:
So, I go in for NST and ultrasound today. LO failed the NST again. He moves around a ton, but his heartrate never fluctuates. Had to have a biophysical ultrasound and tech didn't think he was breathing enough. They send me up to labor and delivery for further evaluation. My doc was on call today.
He comes in and tells the nurses not to give me anything to eat or drink because he will probably have to do c-section today. He comes back about 30 min later and tells me he is going to go ahead and deliver. I'm 36 weeks and I've already had steroid shots to develop lungs. I ask him if he is sure and he says yes, to call my husband.
I call the troops in, DH picks up daughters from school, my Mom is on her way.
They are prepping me for surgery and he all of a sudden comes in and says that he wants to try and wait another week,
What??!!!
So, they unhooked me from everything and sent me home with bandaids all over me where they had iv's and such.
I am so mad!!! Not to mention DH was a total horses a@# because he was so inconvenienced by the whole ordeal!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08),  Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

SunConure responded:
What a jerk that doctor was!! Did he say it was safe to wait a week, especially if the babies heartrate wasn't fluctuating like it should? Noramlly from what I have heard and of course this depends on how far along you are if baby fails an NST they usually deliver right away. As for DH I would tell him like it is, LOL, it wasn't your fault the doctor decided not to do it, so he better shut up or he is banned to the couch, haha! Mine has learned he better just be quite and go with whatever happens or listening to me b*tch is going to be worse for him!! I hope everything turns out well for you!
Terra(24)Jeff(25), BFP 01/06 Rylee Lynn is due 09/13 our first! Induction set for Sept 20th (41 weeks), unless she comes on her own before then!!

lestersgirls replied to SunConure's response:
He said if I was 37 weeks instead of 36, he would not hesitate, but he would just like one more week. Don't get me wrong, I want LO to take all the time he needs to grow,but come on! To go from excitement to disappointment like that was excruciating!
I guess DH doesn't care because he's already been banned to the couch for a similar incident last weekend. I have another NST on Thursday so we'll see what happens.
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

roni090909 responded:
Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry they got your hopes up for nothing!
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

SunConure replied to lestersgirls's response:
LOL at your DH, they just don't get it sometimes do they?! I would be so upset, the thought of finally getting to see baby and then bam nope you have to wait! Your right though LO should bake as long as possible, I hope all goes well Thursday!!!
Terra(24)Jeff(25), BFP 01/06 Rylee Lynn is due 09/13 our first! Induction set for Sept 20th (41 weeks), unless she comes on her own before then!!

jessicab0414 responded:
I can relate to griping about inconveniencing thing...mine was griping AT CHILDBIRTH CLASS last night about missing FOOTBALL!!!! I was sooooo mad I might have choked him if not for the witnesses. We left and I told him in the car next week he can stay at home for football and if he gets kicked out of the delivery room for being ignorant and in the way he can have his OWN room when we go home with the baby. He acts like he doesn't need to know anything about labor and delivery before it happens. If I were doing this for the first time, I wouldn't be able to ask enough questions!
Jessica second son due 11/11/10

lestersgirls replied to jessicab0414's response:
Oh girl! It just got worse last night! He said that all of this back and forth is making him look bad in front of his friends, family, and co-workers! What???!!! He told me today he needs to know when this baby is going to be here for sure.
I told him that he's the one who's making himself look bad because every other man in America knows that babies come on their own time! This is his 4th child and my third. You would think he would get a clue by now! I was laughing about the football thing because when I had DD1, DH was coaching football at the time. The practice fields were by the hospital and he actually asked me if it would be all right for him to go on over to football practice and come back in the middle of delivery!!!!
JUST ONCE, I WISH THEY COULD CARRY A BABY!!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful