Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Feeling Light headed and dizzy
Grace22282 posted:
Ok, so yesterday I started feeling really dizzy. Almost like a hung over feeling. I haven't done anything different than what I've been doing my entire pregnancy. Today I'm a little better but having problems concentrating, light headed, exhausted (this is everyday), and still some what dizzy. I'm scheduled for my OB appointment tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and make a call today or what? I was in bed and OUT at 8 last night and slept all night long. I still feel like I could probably sleep for another day or so. I guess it just scares me feeling dizzy and driving to and from work....any suggestions????

eden51671 responded:
Any chance youre dehydrated. it doesnt take much when youre pregnant to become symptomatic. I would drink a bunch of water if i were you.

Grace22282 replied to eden51671's response:
I drink water constantly. Usually at work I have a 20oz cup of water in my hand all day long. I don't think that's it, but I'll give it a try. I guess I'm afraid to drink too much more water because I'm in the bathroom so much already! LOL... I'm hoping it's not my iron levels.

Jacque72903 responded:
I think mild dizziness here and there is normal, I get it sometimes. If it is so severe you are scared to drive I would call though.

eliguns841984 responded:
definitely talk to the doc about it, because it could also be a sign of high blood pressure. Be sure you're getting plenty of fluids in the meantime.

Grace22282 responded:
Ok, I called the Dr. They said it could be either low blood pressure or low blood sugar. Drink plenty of liquids and eat several times a day. I guess I'll just have to deal with it until I actually go in tomorrow.

Jacque72903 replied to Grace22282's response:
I am a little surprised that they didn't want to see you, but at least you don't have to wait too long. Tomorrow is better than next week!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in New Castle County, DE with my husband and we're expecting our 1st baby in October. I am so excited to meet my little baby girl.

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.