Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
QOTD 9/27
FloralMom posted:
Question of the day:

What is your biggest LO anxiety CURRENTLY?
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

FloralMom responded:
My due date is now less than 4 weeks away. I'm past Full Term (Hooray!!) I am MORE than ready to be done with pregnancy and meet my LO, BUT things with my business are really harry right now and I'm praying that he stays put until at least the 21st! I want to meet him so badly, but I'm also so busy, I'm afraid of the stress and what not that it will cause if I deliver any sooner!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

michelleloehr replied to FloralMom's response:
my biggest worry is still that she'll try to come super early while i'm still here in texas especially since now all of the baby things are back in IN. I keep telling her that if she wants to come early she has to wait until 10/4 (I'd prefer if she waited longer but I'm willing to negotiate a little :) ). I shouldn't fear this since she has given no signs of coming early but still I have to worry about something (just my nature I guess)

other than that my only worry is DH needs to find a job.

CJ7860 responded:
Honestly, just that I'd miss Thanksgiving with my daughter. We are so close, and I just hate missing out on anything with her.
Melissa (32) dh (34) dd (5) Due Dec 4th with a little boy!

eliguns841984 responded:
I'm concerned that if this LO doesn't come on his own, the doc will want to induce the day before Thanksgiving or something and DH and I wouldn't be able to have Thanksgiving with our 2 year old son :(

I'm due 11/17, and Thanksgiving this year is 11/25 so I'm worried the doc would want to set up an induction for a week after my EDD...which would be the day before Thanksgiving! Hopefully he would be willing to work with me on that if it came down to it....

mamatobe08 responded:
That he is going to come early. Or that I'm going to go overdue, since I've been dealing with these horrible contractions for so long now and they're not doing anything to the cervix(which is GOOD for now, but I'm afraid that will keep up later in the pregnancy).

Jacque72903 responded:
That she will be too small. DS was born at 37 weeks and he was 5 lbs 7 oz, and he was the smallest baby in the nursery! Dr said at last appt that girls tend to be smaller, so now I am worried cause I have also heard that 2nd babies don't hang out much longer than 1st babies. So hoping she is bigger is my biggest thing right now.
Me (30) DH (39) DS (2, 3 NOV 8th) Jessica Lynn EDD 11/12/2010, 2 fur babies Lacy and Carley (both chocolate labs)

jmarsh81 responded:
The dr says she can come anytime. I am 34 wks. I have had 2 of my babies at 34 and 36 wks, both boys and they only weighed 4 lbs 11 oz. I am like PP, girls are suppose to be smaller, so I am worried she is gonna be alot smaller than my boys. She weighed approx 4 lbs 4 oz friday. Hoping to keep her in at least another wk.

jmarsh81 replied to Jacque72903's response:
I just wanted to say that I have your same concerns. And this part is OT, but I love your LO's name. That's my name, lol. GL with the rest of your pregnancy.

roni090909 responded:
When will she come. I am 33 weeks already thinned out and dilated a finger tip. I worry about every little pain in my belly, thinking its a contrax. I need her stay in for at least 2 more weeks and then she can come.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

raedlewis replied to eliguns841984's response:
I am due 11/17 also, and since this is my first I have no idea what to expect or when she'll come. A friend asked what our plans were for Thanksgiving and I just thought, "who knows I might be in the hospital, or home recovering, or be okay to get together with family." I just hate not having an idea when she'll come or if for some reason I'll have to have a c-section. The anxiety from that is getting to me, and I still have 7 weeks or so till my EDD!

sarah0323 responded:
That I really need to make it until 1 week before my due date. I have so much stuff planned so that I can take a few weeks off before I have to go back to work. If LO comes early then I will be back to work with in days. It doesn't help that we made an offer on a house this weekend. So I really don't want to be in the process of moving. I know what a time to buy a house but we have wanted this house for a few years now. So we'll see what happens. I also have no reason to beleive that she will come early. I've only had one LO come 3 weeks early the rest have been a week before so we'll see what happens.

belle9164 responded:
I would have to say maternity leave. I just found out everything that needs to be done and I have to put in for it now with the dates and how long I want to take and such. Since I'm not sure when he will be here I don't know when I will start my leave or if I can even work up to my due date. I am going to talk to my doctor this week about it and see what she says. I would also like to take 8 weeks of leave AFTER the baby is here, but if I am over due and have to take my leave on Nov 11th then that cuts into my time afterward. But all of this has to be done 30 days before the day that I want to start leave.
ME (24) DH (26) Nathaniel due 11-11, mommy to 3 dogs and a cat

1stbabyoct responded:
I really want to have a natural birth and I have worked hard to prepare for it. Now my only worry is that something out of my control will take the opportunity away.
Counting the days til October!!

teachin2011 responded:
Money! DF makes decent money and is an excellent saver and our only debt is our house. That's GREAT, but I've been trying to save in preparation for being a SAHM and between school costs, buying new dress clothes for my internship, everyday expenses, and so on, it's been hard! My hours are also super low right now since I'm a nanny and the kids started school.

Now DF has been warned that he may be laid off soon. We'll manage, but it's scary! Also, if he MUST be laid off, it would be nice for it to be in about a month, closer to due date, but we have no idea when it might happen. Probably in the next couple of weeks if it does.
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently had my first child, a beautiful, healthy baby girl! She's the light of my life :-)

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.