Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
QOTD 9/30
FloralMom posted:
Question of the day:

As your pregnancy draws closer to the end, how is your SO becoming more involved?
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

roni090909 responded:
LOL!! What is more involved :smile: My SO does the least amount possible. His idea of doing more is hiring someone to do it. His laziness drives me crazy.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

Jacque72903 responded:
Mine helps me get big stuff done but that is about it. He will be ore involved when lo gets here.
Me (30) DH (39) DS (2, 3 NOV 8th) Jessica Lynn EDD 11/12/2010, 2 fur babies Lacy and Carley (both chocolate labs)

sarah0323 responded:
My SO idea of being more involved is telling me to take it easy it will always be there tomorrow for you to take care of. He will do what I ask him as long as I keep reminding him to get it taken care of. I have to ask or he won't see that it needs to be done.

MartinaWilliams responded:
To my surprise me BF gave me a back massage the other night. :) He buys the things i need or tell him i need. He gets some stuff done but sometimes i get tired of reminding him so i end up doing it myself. Im sure he'll be more involved when the baby comes cause he has the most experience.
Me(20), BF(47), EDD Dec.10.2010. Its a girl!!! Yaayyy pink team!!!

mamatobe08 responded:
Well, my personal wish was that we would find a house and buy it and move in before the baby comes....and WE DID! :) We have 45 days until closing. YIKES! We will have DS's birthday, moving into a house, and having a baby all within the same month.

He doesn't do much with the pregnancy itself, but that's more because we only see eachother every other weekend. He tries to feel LO moving, but this baby isn't nearly as active as DS was, and I can only feel him a couple times a day.

teachin2011 responded:
DF has been incredibly supportive financially and emotionally through the whole pregnancy! I guess the biggest way that he's been more involved would be by helping me organize all of the stuff from the baby shower and being a little bit LESS involved with his other hobbies and such. He worked all day yesterday, went grocery shopping and made dinner and when I offered to help, he told me to take it easy because he was taking care of dinner this time :) and he's been making a bigger effort to spend time with me during the week, even if it's just watching a couple of t.v. shows or something.
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

Shani_girl replied to teachin2011's response:
My dh has helped me with my before baby list, he doesn't really seem to understand my emotional outbursts but he has stepped up to the plate and performing his "husbandly" duties now that I am trying to go into labor!

1stbabyoct responded:
He's starting taking more responsibility with the dog and he has begun to take out the trash and recycling (when reminded) mostly. Tasks I always did before. That's it, I wish it was more, but hopefully after he sees how much work the baby will be, he will help more.
Counting the days til October!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my hubby are expecting our first, due 11/25...Thanksgiving day! I thought that was ironicallly appropriate and sweet! We are super excited but ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.