Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Scared
truewyatt posted:
I just went to my weekly appointment. I am 32 weeks 5 days and I had my u/s today and the OB told me the baby is measuring around 7lbs already. OMG!!!!! I am diabetic so we have to play it by ear on when she will be born now since diabetics who have babies the babies lungs don't develop as quickly.
I am so scared now that the baby will come in the next few weeks. I was in shock that I didn't get to ask if maybe that I am further along then expected.
I feel like I am about to cry because I am so scared. I hate being diabetic and I hate that it has affected the babies weight.
Brandy 38, dh 39, ds 1, lost 6/08 and 9/09.  scheduled c-section is 11/18 and I am joining the PINK TEAM!!!!!

CJ7860 responded:
WOW! That is unbelievable!!! Completely! I am diabetic, and my baby is measuring right on...I wonder what the difference is? My daughter was actually only 6lbs 13 oz, and the u/s kept saying she'd be like 5.5lbs. Hopefully, they are completely wrong. I know diabetics tend to have large babies, but usually that is predom gestational babies if the sugar isn't controlled. Have they put you on isulin? Yikes...
Melissa (32) dh (34) dd (5) Due Dec 4th with a little boy!

sarah0323 responded:
My DD was 9lbs 15oz when she was born. I am not diabetic either. Rember that sono's can be off a couple of pounds. Call the doctor back and talk to them. They really do hear this all the time. I was at the Dr. today and made comment about not wanting to call and bother them. My Dr. told me to call every day if need be. That is what they are there for. She actually scolded me because I didn't call. And all it was was the office didn't call in a refill for an RX for me that they should have.

truewyatt replied to CJ7860's response:
oh yes, I have pretty much been on insulin since the beginning. I hope that they weight is off by them. LOL, even though I am having a c-section it is hard to believe she is that big already.
I am seeing them on Thursday for a non-stress test.
I had 2 sharp pains in the cervix area yesterday. They didn't late long but maybe about 10 seconds is all. So he said they might check my cervix on Thursday to see if I have dialated or not.
Brandy 38, dh 39, ds 1, lost 6/08 and 9/09. scheduled c-section is 11/18 and I am joining the PINK TEAM!!!!!

roni090909 responded:
What was your DS born at? IDK that just seems really high. I would bet its off a bit. I know they measure the femur, head and stomach to get the weight measurement. If one is measuring really big it will throw the estimate off (at least this is what my doctor told me). At 33 weeks my LO heads was measuring 36 weeks and she was guessed to be 5 lbs. My doctor told she is probably a little smaller just because the head is measuring so huge. At 34 weeks she measured 6 lbs. DS was guessed to be 5.5 lbs at 35 weeks and was born at 8.5 lbs. I was really hoping this one was going to be smaller but its not looking that way.

If your LO is really guessed to be 7 lbs already, you are probably looking at 12 lb baby and IDK maybe its just me but that seems a little too high.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

truewyatt replied to roni090909's response:
my DS was born supposedly at 36 weeks and at 7lbs 2 oz. I think he was born on time but the OBs told me he was early.
She better not be a 12lb baby. I want her born early if that is the case. LOL
Brandy 38, dh 39, ds 1, lost 6/08 and 9/09. scheduled c-section is 11/18 and I am joining the PINK TEAM!!!!!

jessica5289 replied to truewyatt's response:
I have had 12 and 13 pound babies. They are really cute and chubby. lol My doc will not deliver earlier then 39 weeks for size. As you said before babies born to diabetic moms lungs mature slower. I know you wouldn't want your baby to be born too early and require time in the nicu. At least your having a csect anyway. The us could be off on the weight. Did you have a first tri us?

roni090909 replied to truewyatt's response:
That would have put your DS at a little over 9 lbs probably. If the EDD was correct. I bet this one comes out about the same size.

I know how you feel though. I am really hoping this one comes a little early. My doctor told me DS was the biggest my body could handle and I am really afraid this one my be bigger, even thought they say girls are usually smaller than boys.

Good Luck to us both :smile:
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

zz2004 responded:
Whoa...you got a nice size baby in there. I'm afraid to even know what size my LO is. I'm 32 weeks and 5dys too, and I'm eating everything is sight.
I pray your baby is born with healthy lungs and no breathing problems. Good Luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Courtney. I am 20 years old and a first time mommy-to-be. I am expecting a boy in Nov =]

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.