Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Weekly visits
FloralMom posted:
How does your doctor do your weekly visits?

I'm suppose to get in there the same day every week, but making appointments one week in advance... there's never any openings, so my appointments are a week to almost 2 weeks apart. Anyone else? I figured that there would be a certain amount of openings left from week to week for the weekly pregnant patients... guess I was wrong!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^

Jendel89 responded:
My doctors office is like that as well the only way i was able to get them on the same day every week was because for a while i was not going exactly every two weeks on the same days and would not see my Dr i would see others in her practice.

Then around my 30th week my doctor said to schedule my next 3 visits back to back to make sure i see her for those next visits. So i did and then when i went back at 32Weeks she told me to schedule my remainning visits since the weekely ones were coming up soon so i did

and i scheduled all my remainning appointments at that one visit to ensure she saw me every thursday until 11/04 which will be my last appointment before DD is born.

So i had to schedule 4 weeks in advance in order for them to see me on the same day every week for my weekly visits starting this Thursday.

I was just scheduling my appointments as i would go, I would go to one appointment and at checkout schedule the next one only then the next visit do the same thats how i was unable to not see her all the time or within the correct timeframe needed, but i know that this time around for when #3 is planned..
Raiden Li born 07/30 ~Little Sister 11/09 via c-section.

CJ7860 responded:
I scheduled all my appointments until the end to make sure I had a spot...lol. My dr likes to fill up super quick!
Melissa (32) dh (34) dd (5) Due Dec 4th with a little boy!

Jendel89 replied to CJ7860's response:
Its crazy how they can get so booked up, This one lady last time i went in september was trying to schedule an appointment and they gave her the earliest date which was in January i was like WOW!! thats 4 months from now!

im in the wrong profession j.k
Raiden Li born 07/30 ~Little Sister 11/09 via c-section.

BelleMorte08 responded:
I go to a rather small doctor's office, so I don't have any problems getting in on the same day every week. I really like that if I call with an emergency they can see me within the hour. I had some bleeding a few weeks ago (due to a labial tear), called at 9:30 am and was in the office being seen by 10:15am. I guess I got lucky when I picked my OB. :-D
Me(20), Seth(28), 3 feline furbabies: Brownie, Snickers, and Hershey,3 babies in heaven. Baby boy, Jonathan Abel, is due 11/10/10. :-)

sarah0323 responded:
When I was 28 weeks I had to schedule all of my remaining appointments so that I could actually see my Dr. otherwise I would have seen whatever Dr. or Midwife was available. I don't mind seeing the others I just like to see mine because I have a few issues that I don't feel comfortable talking to others about.

mamathoma responded:
I'm not sure how my Dr does weekly yet (I had midwives with the last 3 babies). At the midwives office they scheduled all the weekly apts when I went from every 2 weeks to every week.
Me-28,DH-30,DD-9,DS-6,DS-2yrs, EDD 11/28 Another BOY!

roni090909 responded:
My doctors office is the same way, especially if I am picky about the time.

I have been on weekly visits since 28 weeks, so I have been dealing with this for a while. I hate going to the doctor in the afternoon, it always takes forever.
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

breezy_83255 responded:
I don't know how my current doctor will do it. With my other two pregnancies I wasn't allowed to choose a doctor. I would get whoever was on call for the delivery, so I just saw whoever was in the office for the appointments. I never made it to weekly- I went every four until 36 and then went at 38 and was supposed to go at 39. Both girls were born before 39 weeks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Tim and I got married in October of last year. We were High School sweethearts. Four months later we concieved and are having a precious baby GIRL. He...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.