Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!
FloralMom posted:
He's here!!!! Everett Robert was born on Monday, October 18th, 2010 at 1:07pm, 7lbs 15.5oz and 20.5 inches.

Dispite all of the dialating and walking I'd been doing, he was being stubborn and did not want to come out! So Monday morning I went into the the hospital to have my water broken. When I went in I was dialated to 6cm and still had only had a handfull of REAL contractions over the course of 3 days. I arrived around 7:15am and they broke my water around 8ish. An hour later, I still wasn't contracting, so they went ahead and set me up on Pitocin around 9:45 or 10:00. I finally started contractions around 11:00am and they went from non-existant to hard and back to back. I went ahead and got the epi soon after because the contractions were so hard and close together. The epi took FOREVER! The doc took his time getting there, then the nurse had a spinal tray instead of an epi tray, so they had to hunt down a new package, then my contraction monitor and the baby's heart monitor belts wouldn't stay, they kept rolling into the spot where he was trying to clean me up for the epi and then, I was contracting so hard and so often that finding a window to do the epi in was hard. I had 3 contractions while he was doing my epi!!!! He'd pause when he could tell that I was really contracting... I don't know if that helped or made things worse. About 15 minutes later, I was feeling fine! They checked me again after the epi and I was already at 8cm. After about an hour I was starting to feel some pressure on my right side in my rib cage... and then in my pelvis... and then in my back. Not like full on contractions, but definately uncomfortable and starting to hurt the further I progressed. Things were really moving along fast now and so they called my doctor, she wanted to me to do a test push, but the nurse was really nervous about that and waited a few minutes so that the on-call resident could be in the room just in case. They talked me through "how to push" even though this is my 3rd labor (LOL) and had me try... both of their eyes got HUGE and they were like "okay, stop! No more pushing until your OB gets here, or he will just fall out!". Now, my doctors office is only about 10 blocks from the hospital and she was already on her way, but with every contraction, my body was naturally working the baby further and further down. He was crowning without any effort at all. Above my head was a light fixture and I could see in the reflection, that he was coming! The resident and the nurse finally decided that I needed to push and just get him out or he might just slide out on his own when no one was looking! They started to have me push and just then my doctor walked into the room! She said "Oh!" and just tossed aside all of her boots and scrubs and just stood behind the resident and let him deliver the baby... in one push!!!!

He has the most adorable red hair, which surprised my husband and I, although come to find out that we both have red hair in the family, even though both of us have dark brown hair. His big brother is SO proud and eager to help and kiss the baby. He looks a lot like his big brother did too... only different colored hair. All of the nurses at the hospital were just in LOVE with his hair. He's a cutie!
Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS1 11/06, DS2 - ^Jeremiah^
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MartinaWilliams responded:
Congrats Amy! Sounds like you had an easy and fast labor.I hope you and the liitle one is doing well.
Me(20), BF(47), EDD Dec.10.2010. Its a girl!!! Yaayyy pink team!!!

sarah0323 responded:
Congratulations Amy!!!

Korin81 responded:
Congrats on your baby boy!!!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Amy! So cute (red hair) 2 of my babies were born with red hair and then both turned brown after a year.

CJ7860 responded:
Yea! Congrats on your little one!
Melissa (32) dh (34) dd (5) Due Dec 4th with a little boy!

roni090909 responded:
Congrats on your little man!!!
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

Chocolatemoca responded:
Congrats!!!
Anne(34) DH(33) Our first due 12/05/10 It's a girl.

Mena75 responded:
Yay!! :) A super big congrats!!! :D
~Malina (35) Dh (38) two DS's 13 and 5 ~~~ Pink team!!! Isabella Kahlan-Lee EDD 11/23/10~

jmarsh81 responded:
congrats on your new baby boy.

amira1222 responded:
Congrats on your beautiful boy!!!

teachin2011 responded:
Congratulations! He does have beautiful hair...love that color, and he's got a head full! What a handsome guy :)
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

eliguns841984 responded:
Yay! Congratulations :)

MsMollyMac responded:
Congratulations!!
Me- 26, DH-30, DD-3, New little one due 1-3-11

CarrieD6 responded:
Congrats! I saw his pic on FB...what a doll! And that gorgeous hair! Hope you are able to get some rest and adjust to having a new LO in the house.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have 2 sons Braxton and Atlas, got married 2008 to the most wonderful man that has raised my son as his own and we now have one together and have a ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.