Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
DID MY WATER BREAK? PLS HELP!!!
Monkeys_momma posted:
I had a gush about palm sized and clear unlike the usual quarter size white discharge (sorry for the details, truly) could my water have broken?? I haven't felt anything else yet but am due in 8 days so this could be it!!! I', not sure how much fluid comes out with a water breaking! THANKS!!!

Ty (31) Gena (29) Big brother Orion (11) Charlie Mae (EDD 10/31) it's a girl!!!

Jalynnsmommy responded:
it could def. be your water I had this delima this mornig and still waiting on dr to call me but..with your due date being so close I go to labor and delivery and be checked out ...with my first I just had a small tear in my "waters" and it was just a small dripping and I had her 11 hours later. im was 9 days early with her.
For ever women its differnt.

Monkeys_momma replied to Jalynnsmommy's response:
Thanks!! I know time will tell, I'm just so dang excited!! Good luck to you!!

breezy_83255 responded:
I had a small tear and just kept having little gushes. I thought that was probably it, but didn't really "know." It did really break a few hours later, so then there was no question! I was 9 days early.

I'd go get checked out. Good luck!!!
Heather (29), Josh (30), DD1 (3 1/2), DD2 (1 1/2), Baby boy EDD Feb 1st!!!!

Jalynnsmommy replied to Monkeys_momma's response:
thanks good luck to you too....like I said atleast call the doctor because I had my first at 9 days early I only knew I was in labor because my water leaked lol not completly broke just leaked lol..and I didnt feel my conntractions untill i was 6 cm....So better safe than sorry if you go too long with your water broke it can cause infection so no sex nothing lol untill your know!

CJ7860 responded:
Try laying down for a few minutes, and then get back up and see if it happens again? I've heard the baby's head can kind of plug a small tear.

Good luck!
Melissa (32) dh (34) dd (5) Due Dec 4th with a little boy!

Jalynnsmommy replied to CJ7860's response:
yeah that what im going threw now but they said since shes so large it wont make a difference if I lay down because I have a hind tear where the tear is behind the babys head and only leaks when she moves enough for it to leak.

CJ7860 replied to Jalynnsmommy's response:
Oh, so you know there is a tear. Okay, I thought you were trying to figure out if you had a small tear or leaking something else.
Melissa (32) dh (34) dd (5) Due Dec 4th with a little boy!

Jalynnsmommy replied to CJ7860's response:
I know that I have a tear but I believe the the other women is trying to figure out if her water had broke and I explained to her that it could be a tear that gets pluged by the babys head and the best bet is to go and have it checked.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is D(28) DB(30) Jordan(11)Daniel(5)Dasia(2)Dominque(DueApril 3,2011)With this pregnancy its very different from the other three pregnancy,w...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.