Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!
Shani_girl posted:
Short: Liam Elijah DeLazzer born October 15th, 2010 at 8:06 am via C section
9 Ilbs 12 ozs 20 inchs long

Long: Even though I tried to go to labor sooner I made it to my scheduled C. Luckily I was the first one of the morning so we got to the hossy at 5:30 am and got prepped and had a spinal block and baby was out at 8:06am. It seemed like it took a lot to get him out but otherwise everything went beautifully and he was perfect! He came out screaming, he has a head full of black hair and perfect little round face. Mommy is healing slowly but surely and Liam lost too much weight before we left the hossy. He was down to 8 Ilbs 15 ozs and docs were concerned but I think it was because the day he was circumsized he barely ate at all. But he is a fantastic nurser he came out and ate a half hour later and he latched right on. Baby is gaining weight now though he is 9ilbs 2 ozs so docs are happy now and so is mommy. I like Liam a lot better now that he is out! LOL good luck mommys and hang in there!

Shannon (33), DH Jeff (37), Hannah (13), Hailey and Heidi (10), Liliana (20 months), Liam Elijah (Oct. 15th)

bcfrost816 responded:
congrats!
Courtney (28) DH (30) DD Peyton 20 months; baby girl 2 EDD 9/26/10

Jendel89 responded:
Congrats!!

So was this a scheduled C-Section? the spinal block is the same as an epideral right?. Sorry for the questions im trying to prepare for my C-Section =)

My Dr wants me at the Hossy at 5am and my actual surgery isnt until 7:30am
Raiden Li born 07/30 ~Little Sister 11/09 via c-section.

roni090909 responded:
Congrats on your big little man!!!
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

jadedstar responded:
congrats on your little big man
Jaded(32), DD(7), EDD 1/20/2011 BOY Eli Rain, ~~I am a single mom and my Children are my world!

amira1222 responded:
Congrats on you precious baby!!

jmarsh81 responded:
congrats on your baby boy.

Chocolatemoca responded:
Congrats!!!
Anne(34) DH(33) Our first due 12/05/10 It's a girl.

Mena75 responded:
Congratulations!!! :)
~Malina (35) Dh (38) two DS's 13 and 5 ~~~ Pink team!!! Isabella Kahlan-Lee EDD 11/23/10~

mesha84 responded:
Congrats on ur lil/big man n i wish u speedy recovery.

Monkeys_momma responded:
Congrats on Liam's arrival!!! Much love and a speedy recovery!!!!

Ty (31) Gena (29) Big Brother Orion (11) Charlotte "Charlie" EDD 10/31

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Cogratulations! I am so happy your son is doing well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been with my hubby now for 4 and half years and married for 2 years. We have 2 handsome boys and are now expecting our final baby, A GIRL!!!!, ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.