Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Comments.......Vent
sarah0323 posted:
I don't post as much as I would like to any more but work has just been so busy.

Why is that every person I see has to ask the same stupid question or make the same comments. My favorite today came from an 80 year old lady. She said "You're not going to make it through the day. You'll have the baby tonight" I just looked at her. She goes on to say "I know because I'm a nurse." Um ok I was just at the Dr. this morning and Dr. even thinks it will be a while. I just looked at her. I can't say anything. I'm so tired of the "Oh your still here." "You're getting big" "You haven't had that baby yet." "Are you sure you aren't having twins?" I know that you all get these too. They are just really bothering me today.

Anyone want to add any of there own?

mamathoma responded:
Lol. People can be so annoying and inconsiderate. I dont know how many people have told me lately that I MUST be just misrable or "how or you feeling, misrable"? Um, no. I feel fine but apearently I like like crap.
Me-28,DH-30,DD-9,DS-6,DS-2yrs, EDD 11/28 Another BOY!

mamatobe08 responded:
FIL's girlfriend always says "Are you sure it's not twins?" Ok you skinny witch, just because you and your daughters look like you never eat a bite of anything doesn't make me huge!

Yeah, nothing like seeing 3 skinny as heck chicks to make you feel like crap when you still didn't lose all the baby weight from your first!

But they smoke, even though they have serious health issues. So at least I'm healthy.

jenfur79 responded:
We all get that! it's so stupid that people think they are the only one to make that kind of comment to us. Seriously we hear from EVERYONE! LOL The one's that surprise me are the Moms that make comments like that, if anyone they should know better than to say things like that. I got all those comments that you have. I also get "oh looks like you ate that whole watermelon by yourself" I got the twins comment a lot with DS because I was pretty big but still people need to keep the comments to themselves.
Me(30)DH(34)DD(10)DS(2)Lil Girl EDD 12/28/2010

sharebare replied to jenfur79's response:
My ex MIL was just like that too. She had my ex husband and his sister c section, and she wanted to be there with my oldest. I let her in for about 5 minutes then told my ex to get her out! She kept asking me questions about the fetal monitor and which was the heart rate, which was the contractions, etc. I was in hard labor and didn't have the patience to deal with her. She drove me absolutely crazy!! My current MIL is great! I wouldn't mind her being there as long as she stays at my head, LOL But I totally understand how you feel, and it really is your call. Your MIL will just have to deal with it. She will get over it.

mesha84 responded:
OMG i think as pregnant women we are "" suppose to accept ppls comment which i dont understand why do complete strangers think its ok to make comments to us, u dont know us n u dont know how we feeling bout out weight or if were having twins n lost one, ppl never know what a pregnant woman is feeling. I have 4 sons and a step-daughter n even b4 i got pregnant with my 4th n this one ppl thought i was pregnant bcuz i havent really lost the weight from my 3 pregnancy, but with this pregnancy all i get is u must be sick bcuz for u to due in a few wks u r so small or this one has to be a girl bcuz ur not as fat as u usually r. I wish it was a girl but its a boy n to be quiet honest i have gained about 25lbs this time around n the baby was actually growing to big even though i am so "" sick or small. I have learned to put my ipod on blast when i go into public so i dont have to hear what n e one says n my fiance just tells ppl to keep they mouths shut cuz we dont wanna hear the comments.

teachin2011 responded:
Well, it didn't bother me TOO much at the time, but I'm feeling irritable now

So in class today, this woman said, "Do you know what you're having?" I told her a girl, and she asked how my pregnancy has been. I basically told her it's been wonderful....it's been a pregnancy, with plenty of pregnancy symptoms, etc. but I've been very lucky. She said, "Just wait. It gets so horrible in the last month...they're so big and you can never get comfortable and it's painful....blah, blah."

"I'm due in 2 weeks...."

"Ohhhh. Sorry..." Lol kinda weird.

I also got the "horror story from the middle-aged lady" who was drunk at a Halloween party on Saturday. Thanks for telling me about your early, painful, scary labor, 3 lb. baby, horrible doctor, bleeding, etc. Geez!!
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

HaveFaith1224 replied to teachin2011's response:
I hate when people feel the need to tell you pregnancy horror stories. Why would I want to hear some terribly sad story about your friend's pregnancy. As if I don't have enough to worry about and am not worried enough about every little thing already! People can be so insensitive. I just want to hush them and remind them to think before speaking!
Me (30), DH (32) EDD 1/10/11 Blue team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have 2 sons Braxton and Atlas, got married 2008 to the most wonderful man that has raised my son as his own and we now have one together and have a ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful