Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
2 Dilated 75% effaced
beccadita80 posted:
I am 37 weeks 3 days and just had my appointment yesterday. They told me I'm a sure 2 and 75% effaced. This would explain why I have been having pee accidents here and there. I go all the time but if I sneeze hard or laugh to hard it happens. :-( Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had an idea if I'd go early or not becasue of my progress so far?? Thanks
Becca(29) DH(30) PINK TEAM!!!! EDD 11/16 which is also my birthday! 2 furbabies

JessG711 responded:
Right there with you. I am due 2 days after you and on Wed i was 1 cm and 50%effaced. Not sure if this means any thing but my Dr. didn't say baby would be here sooner. All she said was she would like to see me wait another 2 weeks which would be the week before my EDD and that it is good things are progressing and i am not all locked up down there. My dr is so funny i love her so much.

Mena75 responded:
I was just getting on here to see who was at what progress. I am at 2 and 80% effaced. I know exactly what you mean about accidents. I have been having them as well. :( Ohh..looks like I'm due to be induced on your bday. :)
~Malina (35) Dh (38) two DS's 13 and 5 ~~~ Pink team!!! Isabella Kahlan-Lee EDD 11/23/10~

sam_bam23 replied to Mena75's response:
when do they check usually to see if your dilated Ive only once sneezed and peed a lil and that was a couple weeks ago and im 33 wks now luckily i was able to stop most of it
I'm Samantha I am 19 My baby girl kiara is due December 15 2010

jenfur79 responded:
i was at 2 cm and 75% with DS for 3 weeks and had him at 38 weeks 5 days. Women can walk around like that for weeks before actual labor. Its very frustrating knowing when your dialted and its not doing anything lol
Me(30)DH(34)DD(10)DS(2)Lil Girl EDD 12/28/2010

Mena75 replied to sam_bam23's response:
From my experience they normally don't check until 36 weeks. It perfectly normal though to sneeze or cough at 33 weeks and have an accident. When I was 33 weeks I had a bad cough..had to wear a pad to catch all the accidents. lol
~Malina (35) Dh (38) two DS's 13 and 5 ~~~ Pink team!!! Isabella Kahlan-Lee EDD 11/23/10~

mesha84 responded:
with my 1 yr old I was 3-4 cm n 50% effaced for almost 2wks b4 n e thing happened n with my 2yrs old i was 1 cm for a month but once i hit 3 cm they sent me to the hospital broke my water n gave me poticin n 2 hrs later i had my son. it all depends on the baby n when they ready to come out n also the dr gl

SunConure responded:
I started progressing at 35 weeks and by 38 weeks I was 3 1/2cm and 50%, and I still didn't go into labor until the day after my due date. I would have rather not been checked at all to tell you the truth and next baby I probably won't be checked until 39 weeks, by my choice. It really frustrated me to know I was progressing, but nothing was happening, it was def new mom jitters! So you could deliver early or go past your due date.
Terra(24)Jeff(25) Rylee Lynn 09/14/10, she's finally here!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Heather. I am a social worker in the greater Atlanta area. I have a nine year old son, and a four year old step son. Jonh and I are ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.