Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
breastfeeding question- tmi??
rhendey posted:
So I have felt a bit awkward asking my dr this but has anyone ever breastfead after having nipple peircings? For some reason im a bit worried as to how this may affect the process. Its been many years since I had them but there is still small holes there and sometimes a discharge comes out.. Again tmi im sure.. Any prior experience appreciated.
This is my first, im due 1/7/11 and have not noticed any milk retention at this point.

Monkeys_momma responded:
I had them MANY years ago and took them out when I found out I was preggo with my son who's now almost 12. It did not have any effect on breastfeeding..although looking back I do have to admit I wonder why in my young years I did such a crazy thing! ;p Hope this helps.

Ty (31) Gena (29) Orion (11 3/4) Charlotte "Charlie" EDD:10/31

mamathoma responded:
My friend has her's peirced and is BFing her first baby. She just takes them out before she nurses.
Me-28,DH-30,DD-9,DS-6,DS-2yrs, EDD 11/28 Another BOY!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I met through a series of interesting twists. We both joined Match.com in the same month. My husband joined to meet someone to go to mo...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.