Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Emily Dawn
sarah0323 posted:
Short: Emily was born 11/10 at 11:20am. 6lbs 11ozs and 18 3/4 inches long.

Long: I went in to the Dr. on 11/9 for my weekly apt. My blood pressure was high and I had protein in my urine. My Dr. decided we needed to induce on Thursday and I needed to be on bed rest Wednesday. Well at about 2:00am Wednesday moring I woke up having contractions. They were regular but not very strong. At 4:30 my water broke while I was in bed. The water was dark she had pooped all ready. After I finally got my SO to wake up we headed to the hospital. We got there at about 5:30 and my contractions were every 2 minutes but still not very strong. When they checked me at 6:30 I was at a 4 contractions still not very strong. At 9:30 they gave me my epi and my contractions stopped. They started pitocin at 10:00 and at 10:30 I was still at a 4. At 11:00 I told the nurse I feel like pushing and she told me that I couldn't be ready yet but checked me any ways and I was at a 10. They wouldn't let me push until the doctor got there and the NICU team got there because she had miconium in the water. I will tell you that was the longest 20 minutes ever. Emily was born in one push. She is doing great. No complications. Her APGAR were 8/9. She has her days and nights mixed up but we are woking on it.

The kids are just in love with her right now.

Thank you to everyone who has given me support during these times. Labor vibes to all that need them. Hoping to see you all on the newborn boards soon.

Ashcad124 responded:
Congrats!!!
Me(26) DH (25)--Cadence (1/24/2005), EDD baby Persephone 12/16/2010

teachin2011 responded:
Congratulations! It seems like you dilated really fast! I hope you're enjoying having your new little girl around. Is she your first?
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

MartinaWilliams responded:
Congrats!
Me(20), BF(47), EDD Dec.10.2010. Its a girl!!! Yaayyy pink team!!!

Mena75 responded:
Congratulations! :)
~Malina (35) Dh (38) two DS's 13 and 5 ~~~ Pink team!!! Isabella Kahlan-Lee Induction scheduled 11/16/10~

pregolicious responded:
Congrats !! =)

sarah0323 replied to teachin2011's response:
She is actually my 5th.

teachin2011 replied to sarah0323's response:
That's great! Congrats again :D
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

belle9164 responded:
Congrats! Glad that everything went well.
ME (24) DH (26) Nathaniel due 11-11, mommy to 3 dogs and a cat

Chocolatemoca responded:
Congrats!!!
Anne(34) DH(33) Our first due 12/05/10 It's a girl.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone! I am a 27 year old mother of one with a little on the way. Me and my hubby have been together for 9 years now, and we are so excited t...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.