Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
BIRTH STORY !! OF MY LITTLE:
Jendel89 posted:
Short: Birth story of my little Lola Rei born 11/09/2010 @ 8:02 am weighing in at 5lbs 12 oz and 18in long.

Long: Well of course the night before i could not sleep at all, However we woke up at 4am i took a shower me and DH were so nervous. DS was not with us he had left the night before with grandma because thats where he was for the 4 days we were at the hospital. We got to labor and delivery right at 5:30am. I went to my prep room answered questions that they ask, history of health, allergies etc.. they got my IV started and drew blood. She said they wanted at least one bag of fluid in me before surgery so i knew once that bag was finished it was go time so i was just watching the bag and she had it at a good speed so it was going in fast. I would occasionally look at the bag and get more and more nervous as it got lower. Then once check in was complete my OB came in about 7:35am checked on me asked me if i was ready i told her kind of lol. I had to pee so many times before from being so nervous. The anestisiologist came in after her and told me the procedure and if i was ready not to be nervous that i was in good hands etc. I had to pee once again then once i finished peeing my OB was there and said ok see you in there. I was like WOW that was faster than i thought. So off we walk to the surgery room they have ,me sit on the table and arch forward for the spinal. The spinal took a good while he said i was a complicated one to do. So they kept retrying i was getting frustrated because i could feel it even though they used numbing meds i still could feel it and it was not the greatest feeling. Then he had to call the other anesthesiologist in to assist which he got the spinal in one try. Then i started feeling extremely itchy i kept scratching my tummy and arms and face. Then i started getting numb they had me lay down and they got things ready shaved me etc... Then got the big blue sheet yet and did a test pinch and asked can u feel that i said feel what??? So they were like ok your good. Then put my oxygen thing on and off they went. It was only a matter of minutes before they told me okay your going to feel us push down on ur belly to get baby out and they did and there i heard my little girls cry and then they showed me to her and i cried. DH gave me a kiss then we took our first photo together I was so happy and wanted too hold her right then and there. They cleaned her off took her to the nursery with DH.

Then they were getting me closed back which seemed like forever. I just wanted it done with so i could hold my baby girl. I dozed on and off for a bit then finally they were finished. They plopped me onto another bed and off i went to recovery. I was in recovery and attempted to breastfeed she didnt latch on too long just for a bit then got fustrated same with me DS i remember he did the same. I got to my room an hour later. I was so hungry but i was on a liquid only diet and it sucked i wanted something like i dunno a cheeseburger lol !!!

I got to eat the next morning i loved it i love being catered too in the hospital its the best minus the pain. I didn't feel the pain until the next day after my IV came out and catheter i hated that. But im doing okay now better i guess my incision still hurts they did the same thing as last time the dissolving whatever they are called my OB said its called something with and S but not stitches. Anywho baby is doing better i do the pump and bottle feed thing an im pumping out 2oz now which is great ! per pump session.

We got home Friday around noon. DS hardly notices she is here its so funny. he will look at her every now and then but thats it.

Well thanks ladies for all the support from the beginning to the end. Its been great !!! Congrats the the new mommies and labor vibes to those who need them!!

I attached a link to my facebook for pics of her let me know if it works

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33272&id=100000401457074
Raiden Li born 07/30 ~Little Sister 11/09 via c-section.

MartinaWilliams responded:
Congrats on your little girl! The link doesnt work though
Me(20), BF(47), EDD Dec.10.2010. Its a girl, Lilja :)

Jendel89 replied to MartinaWilliams's response:
Thanks, Darn i was afraid it wouldent work.

let me try another link

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=166299606726753&set=a.166110110079036.33272.100000401457074

Chocolatemoca responded:
Congrats!!!
Anne(34) DH(33) Our first due 12/05/10 It's a girl.

Jendel89 replied to Jendel89's response:
Okay this one for sure works..

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab203/jendel89/Lola%20Rei/73250_166299606726753_100000401457074_398865_6490708_n.jpg

dino44 responded:
Congratulations on your little Lola. She's beautiful!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Beautiful picture of your baby! Congratulations!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Jendel89's response:
All the links works but you have to go to Jendel main page to see.

MartinaWilliams replied to Jendel89's response:
She is so adorable!
Me(20), BF(47), EDD Dec.10.2010. Its a girl, Lilja :)

Jendel89 replied to MartinaWilliams's response:
Thanks ladies ! Glad the links work

Jendel89 responded:
bump

sarah0323 responded:
Congratulations!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful