Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
nausea
sam_bam23 posted:
im 35 wks and 4 days yesterday i was riding in the car and felt suddenly sick to my stomach i felt like i needed fresh air i felt shakey and a sudden hot flash i felt overheated and pukey and the smell of my brothers minty gum was making it worst i thought it was just motion sickness....but last night i was just laying down and felt suddenly nauseous and very weak is this normal to be nauseous in the last trimester?
I'm Samantha I am 19 My baby girl kiara is due December 15 2010

jenfur79 responded:
Yes it's very normal. I started throwing up again after 7 weeks of not being sick I got sick again all of a sudden.
Me(30)DH(34)DD(10)DS(2)Lil Girl EDD 12/22/2010

ShanunC responded:
Oh joy.. I had been wondering the samer thing.. I spent the first 15 weeks feeling like crap after everything I ate or drank..
then it cleared up.. still had food aversion and some things I just stayed away from.. now its back.. UGHHHH never had this with DD...

dino44 responded:
I've been feeling nauseated again, too. I went through the same thing with DD. It's very normal, since all of your guts are being squashed and jiggled. The last 6-8 weeks I ate hardly anything, because I just wanted to puke at the thought or smell of food. Sorry you are going through this.

gina111183 replied to dino44's response:
I am going through that feeling right now and its horrible never felt like this with my other two children ..I feel like its the first trimester all over again maybe we all will have quick fast labor fingers crossed

sam_bam23 replied to gina111183's response:
was almost wondering if my sudden nausa was caused by low blood sugar i was shaky weak and suddenly hot idk i havnt experience any more nausea today and no other times during my third and i dont have gestational diabetes
I'm Samantha I am 19 My baby girl kiara is due December 15 2010

amb_519 responded:
I had m/s until second trimester. I'm 34wk3d and I have been having issues with it all over again. I know when I let myself get too hungry, I throw up. If I eat too fast or drink too much while I eat, I throw up. I'd say it's pretty normal.

ShanunC replied to amb_519's response:
maybe talk to your doc if your worried about the weak feeling.. I know I feel that way but some of its my own fault.. and this pregnancies fault.. Ill eat dinner and have a small snack before bed.. then Im not hungry again until like lunch the next day.. however it comes on soooo quick.. like if I dont eat im gonna pass out.. the hunger pains are awful... however Ive tried eating before that point and then I just feel sick.. so I wait.. but then when I do eat it takes a while for me to not feel weak and shaky...
I tried the whole keep eating small meal things work.. just didnt work felt sick alllll the time..

Hang in there.. we're at the end not the begining.. so there is an end in sight..

SkysMama09 responded:
OMG yes!!!!
I hate this, i never felt this horrible with DD... But i still have no apetite, cravings and smells make me sick! I get light headed throught the day and sometimes even spend an hour in the bathroom puking my brains out! Im 32w3d! So i thought i should be over this, but my doc said its "normal" and nothing they can do bout it... I bout fell asleep outside the other night after waking up to get sick, i sat on my porch to get some air then next thing i know im dozing off lol. I really hope that you feel better darling, i know whut your going thru!

SkysMama09 responded:
..... but then again, im anemic... That might be my issue. IDK!

Lyrach replied to SkysMama09's response:
I am encountering the same thing here, this is my third pregnancy. I think it is normal at the end to just up all of a sudden feel like crap - it means the end is near. It is really, really difficult (esp. if you're taking care of other kiddos, working, etc...). I always tried to lok at it like, oh I'm being prepared for labor - in the past that mind-set help me cope with how horrible I felt. This time, I have no idea. No wonder why in Europe they MAKE you go on leave between 34-35 weeks!!! This is ridiculous!

nikkumom replied to Lyrach's response:
I am with you ladies..31 wks 5 days today and ..I feel like its the first trimester all over again ..I started throwing up again when I was 29 weeks ..I feel like crap and once I eat ,looking at dirty dishes makes me wanna throw up ... and any weird smell..i am ready to throw up..I keep 2-3 plastic bag handy in my bag and few in my car just in case I wanna throw up ..hehe..
Me (34),DH(40),4 yr old boy ,expecting DD on 03/21/2011

lestersgirls replied to nikkumom's response:
Lurking....
With my last two pregnancies, I would throw up everytime I had to drive more than a few miles during the last month. Brushing my teeth was tough and I had to have NST's and ultrasounds twice a week from 32 weeks on. Everytime I would lay flat, I would start throwing up! They would just bring me a trashcan before they started. Sorry I can't offer any words of encouragement! Hope it gets better.... .
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08),PAL Grad Kellan Lester (9-16-10)!

KimmieApples replied to lestersgirls's response:
Oh my gosh! I am so glad I am not the only one. I am 39 weeks today and I moved my leave up a few days because I have felt like CRAP for the past week. I'm nauseous, tired, swollen, grumpy, and emotional. And I've been getting hot flashes. Today I've had some loose BM's so I am hoping the end is near. I love feeling my baby move inside me but I am ready to hold her in my arms. I was so scared that something was wrong with me!

krazykatt707 responded:
Yep. Some of us get to experience the joys of morning sickness all over again in the last trimester. I've had the same problem off and on with this pregnancy.
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful