Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Amelia's birth story
teachin2011 posted:
Short: Amelia Jane was born on Sunday, November 14, @ 9:56 weighing 7 lbs. and 19 inches long.

Long: I'd been timing contractions for days and just when I'd think the time was here, they would stop or become irregular. On Saturday, they were steadily 7-9 minutes apart for the first half of the day and ended up being about 6-7 by the end of the day. I figured our little one was on her way! We still went out to dinner with friends and went to a giant Christmas store nearby to get ornaments for our families. By the time we were done shopping, I had to take a break every few minutes for a contraction.
On Sunday morning, I got up around 7 after a restless night and showered, timed contractions and read my book for a few hours. I didn't want to go too early, so we left around 11. Contrax were 5 min. apart for 2 hours. We were in L&D for a little over an hour to be monitored, 3cm. and didn't change over that period. They called my dr. and she said it was up to us to stay and have membranes ruptured or go home, so we stayed.
After walking for 45 minutes, they ruptured my membranes and the contrax kicked in like crazy! I didn't want an epidural originally but decided to get one when I was 6 cm and finally I was able to get out of the trance that contractions were putting me in! I dilated to 10 cm. really quickly and was able to push a little after 9. It was really calm in the room while I pushed and we even joked between pushes! She finally arrived at 9:56 p.m. with a full head of hair! She's nursing like a champ and sleeping really well at night so far!
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

jessica5289 responded:
How exciting. Congrats

mesha84 responded:
Congrats to u n urs enjoy and God bless
Me-26 DF-27 DS1-Gary7 SD-Saniaa6 DS2-Damien4 DS3-Amari2 DS4 Elijah1 DS5-Isaiah due 11-25-10

roni090909 responded:
Congrats on your baby girl!! I'm glad she finally decided to make her entrance into the world :smile:
Me (30) DH (37) DS (10/20/08) and New Baby Girl EDD 11/11/10

MRSKuhns responded:
So exciting! Congrats! :D
Me (22) Hubby (25) EDD January 19th, Blue team! :D

teachin2011 responded:
Thanks everyone for your kind words! :)
Nicole (24), DF (26), 2 furbabies Oliver and Gohan, and a little girl, Amelia Jane, due 11-10-10!

jadedstar responded:
awesome! congrats to you!
Jaded(32), DD(7), EDD 1/20/2011 BOY Eli Rain, ~~I am a single mom and my Children are my world!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to teachin2011's response:
Congratulations, I love birth stories!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Randi, and I have been married to my college sweetheart since Nov 2004. I have PCOS. We welcomed our son in January 2005. My son kicked som...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful