Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
belle9164 posted:
Short: Nathaniel Steven was born on 11-18 at 4:41pm. He was 8lb 7oz and 22 1/2 inches long.

Long: The night before I was very tired and was sick of being pregnant. I had tried everything to get him to come to no avail. I had also had some bleeding and had gone to the doctor on Tuesday to find out it was nothing and I was only dilated to 1cm. I had my 41 week check up scheduled for Friday and they were going to see how things were doing and if an induction was needed. On Thursday (41 weeks exactly) morning I got up and went the the bathroom and when I laid back down I feel a like trickle. I told my husband that I think my water may of broke but didn't know for sure. I went back to bed and woke up at 8am and felt a little bit more but I still wasn't sure. I did tell my husband that I thought that today was the day. I took a bath and felt some contractions but it wasn't bad. We went to do some blood work and I was starting to really feel those contractions. When I got back home we went out to eat for my father in-law's birthday and I was having them pretty bad but still ate. I tried to time them but I kept loosing track. When I got home I wanted to get them timed so we took the dogs for a walk and they were very painful at this point. I figured they were about 5 mins apart and 1 min long. Called my doc and came in. I guessed I hadn't timed them right because when I got checked at the doctor's I was at 7 cm with a bulging back of water! I went across the street to the hospital and was walking to my room and I started to gush. I got changed and in bed when the nurse asked to check me again (about 20 mins after my doc had checked me). I was at a 8-9 and he was faced up. They put me on my hands and knees and I started to push. That helped with rotating him and then I was on my side pushing to get him the rest of the way. He did rotate and I was pushing for a total of 45 mins and then he was here! I didn't need any stitches and didn't rip at all. He is awesome. Breastfeeding is going okay, we are tying to get the latching down. I couldn't be any happier though everything went really fast and he is just perfect.
ME (24) DH (26) Nathaniel due 11-11, mommy to 3 dogs and a cat

mesha84 responded:
Congrats I am so happy for u n ur family God bless n enjoy
Me-26 DF-27 DS1-Gary7 SD-Saniaa6 DS2-Damien4 DS3-Amari2 DS4 Elijah1 DS5-Isaiah due 11-25-10

MartinaWilliams responded:
Congrats!
Me(20), BF(47), EDD Dec.10.2010. Its a girl, Lilja :)

MRSKuhns responded:
Yay! :)
Me (22) Hubby (25) EDD January 19th, Blue team! :D

jadedstar responded:
Congrats to you on your little man!!!
Jaded(32), DD(7), EDD 1/20/2011 BOY Eli Rain, ~~I am a single mom and my Children are my world!

Chocolatemoca responded:
Congrats!!!
Anne(34) DH(33) Our first due 12/05/10 It's a girl.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Mandy (23) and I am happily (most of the time) married to Brad (25). We have an almost three year old son named Dylan and are very excited ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.