Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Nursery Question
kay_kay75 posted:
For those of you that are on their second child or further... can you help me out, other than the furniture and diapers for baby what are the top 3 things on your list that are a "must have" for the nursery?

Thanks!

chell1003 responded:
I just made sure my nursery had the must haves for me, crib, diaper pail, a basket of baby medications(diaper ointment, tylenol,mylicon, ect..) and a dresser to put his clothes and of course your diapers and wipes. A small toy box w baby toys, teething rings, johnny jump up, floor time toys...
new baby boy Atlas Ryan due 12/27/2010 waiting to meet him is mommy, daddy, and Big Brother Braxton Lane (3)

dino44 responded:
1. Spit cloths / lap cloths
2. Basket of medications
3. Stash of clean blankets and changing table covers

I also has a pre-assembled basket of bath stuff in the bathroom. Wash cloths, baby soap, towel, alcohol and cotton balls.

:)
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, Keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10 YELLOW TEAM

sarahaguirre responded:
1) Clean sheets (they spit up a lot and will get the sheets dirty.

2) Sleep positioner

3) Monitor

These come after clothes, burp cloths and medicines (babies never get diaper rashes, fevers or get gassy at convenient times) having these handy will save you a trip to the store at 1 am.

ShanunC responded:
wow.. so hard to chose.. SO MANY THINGS...
umm hmmm

Sleep positioner

Bassinet or pac n play.. ( I was gonna be that mom that had her kid in her room for like a week then ship her off to her crib..lol.. DD stayed in our room in her bassinet for 3 months and the only reaosn I moved her to the crib was cuz she outgrew trhe bassinet..lol)

I would say extra crib sheets and rubber sheets..
I do a rubber sheet then a crib sheet .. then I repeat this a few times.. so I have layers of crib sheets and rubber sheets.. that way if in the middle of the night the baby pukes up all over th ebd or something like that I can just lift off one set of sheets and the rubber one and all the other layers are all set to go.. instead of dragging everything out at 2am.. its alllll set for yah..

so many other things.. but im sure the other moms got yah covered
ME-27/DH-29/DD-3 on feb 9th.. lil Jack Owen coming Via c section to an operating room near you 2/10/2011... Bipolar Stay at home mom.. Love my lil MJ and cant wait for baby number 2..

kay_kay75 replied to ShanunC's response:
Shanun, I love the layering of the sheets.... I got a bassinet and a pac n play, baby will be in our room until at least I go back to work, too hard to put her in her own room halfway across the house from me when she might need to be fed, especially since I plan on BF.
Love the medicine suggestion gotta get that stuff, just going to have to get a basket for them... woo hoo... looks like I am on the right track.

MRSKuhns replied to chell1003's response:
What is mylicon?
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

proud_mommy_wifey replied to MRSKuhns's response:
Mylicon is a gas relief medicine for infants (and I believe toddlers).

ShanunC replied to proud_mommy_wifey's response:
little remedies also makes gas drops.. and gripe water which I found awsome for when baby gets hiccups...
ME-27/DH-29/DD-3 on feb 9th.. lil Jack Owen coming Via c section to an operating room near you 2/10/2011... Bipolar Stay at home mom.. Love my lil MJ and cant wait for baby number 2..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.