Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
kamls73 posted:
Hello ladies. I appologize for the delay - things have been really crazy around here trying to adjust.

Short: John Edward Surette IV was born on Nov. 20 at 1:53AM via c-section. He was 6lbs - 15ozs. & 19" long with a score of 8/9.

Semi-long: I had my last ob appt on wednesday Nov. 17 & everything was measuring right on track. I had only gained a total of 15lbs, my bp was excellent & finally no traces of protein. We seperated saying "see ya next wednesday" (my actual schedule c-sect date). Hubby & i had gone santa shopping that morning, walking around Target for over an hour, which brought on some contractions but nothing timeable or intense. I had my non-stress test the next day & baby's hb was perfect - in the 150's. A few nurses & the MW had asked if I was there to deliver, but unfortunately I wasn't. I stopped at Target again on my way home & did alittle more shopping, which again brought on some contractions but nothing important. Friday was a free day, nothing planned so I stayed in & cleaned all day. Finally crawled in to bed around 10:00PM but couldn't get comfortable. Climbed out of bed around 11:45 to go to the bathroom & as I walked down the hall my water broke. It was a slight trickle at first so I didn't think anything of it, but by the time I got to the bathroom (the next floor down) I was gushing. Went to the bathroom & then stuffed a towel between my legs so I could get back upstairs. Woke hubby up & then called the OB's office. Because I was a section case they didn't make me wait on contractions & told me to get to the hospital as soon as I can. Arrived at the hospital around 12:15, was admitted, hooked up to machines, evaluated & in the OR all within an hour & 1/2. John Edward was delivered, screaming, at 1:53AM. I don't remember much of my DD birth because I was semi out of it, but I remember everything this time around. All I could do was lay there holding hubby's hand & staring at the baby with tears running down the side of my face. We spent the next 5 days in the hospital where he lost 2oz - breast feeding wasn't going sooo good, so by the end of our stay I was feeding him both breatmilk & supplementing with formula.By the time we were discharged (the day before Thanksgiving) he was back up to his birth weight. Had his 1st ped appt Sat & he had already gained weight - he was at 7-3. feeding every 4hours & sleeping 3 out of those 4. He is an awesome baby - just like his big sister was. Well, he's waking up now, so I'm must be going to feed the little piglet (up to 3.5oz as of Black Friday).......Thank you ladies for everything over the last couple of months, don't know what I would've done without your help. Good luck to all of you & wishing you all a happy healthy preg & delivery. Enjoy your holidays!

HaveFaith1224 responded:
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story!
Me (30), DH (32) EDD 1/10/11 Blue team!

MRSKuhns responded:
Congratulations! :D
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful