Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story - Aubrey Grace has arrived!!!!
Grace22282 posted:
Short- Aubrey Grace was born on November 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm weighing in at 5 lbs 12 oz. She is 19 and 3/4 inches long.

Long- Thanksgiving afternoon we got home from all of the eating with family and I decided to lay down and take a nap. I woke up about 7 and we had dinner and got ready to go back to bed. About 9 I started feeling contractions ( Dr., MIL, and everyone else was right- when they hit- you know it!) they were consistant but still not 5 minutes apart. So my husband kept asking if I wanted him to take me to the hospital- told him no not till the contractions are 5 min apart for an hour. Well...about the time he fell asleep at midnight they were coming on strong and every five minutes for about an hour, so I woke him up and we headed to the hospital. When we got to the hospital I was 3-4 centimeters dialated and they weren't sure if they were going to keep me or not. So they "observed" me for about an hour and by then I was 4-5 so we were admitted. Just about every hour on the hour they checked and I had dialted more. Got my epi around 3 and was good to go! Wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. Well by about 9 on the 26th I was approximately 5-6 and 80% and Aubrey had dropped really low in the birth canal. Dr. came in and checked and said we'd have a baby by noon. Well the epi made the contractions slow so then they gave me pitocin which in turn made Aubrey's heart rate drop a bit, so we went back and forth on the pitocen for a few hours. About 2 I started feeling the need to push and still wasn't quite all the way to 10, but they told me I could go ahead and start pushing about 2:30. 30 minutes later and all of about 12 pushes later little Aubrey Grace came into the world. I bawled!!! I tore a little- only had to have 3 stiches. She wouldn't cry at first. They poked and everything and not a peep. She really didn't actually cry until about 2 hours after she was born! She was coombs positive (meaning her blood type and mine were different so she ran the risk of having jaundice) and blood sugar was high, but all is good now. Had a hard time getting her temp up, but as I said no problems now.

Sorry for the rambling story, I'm just sooooo happy she's here. I still can't believe she's my little baby. She's been so good. Bf'ing has been a bit of a challange- I have to use a nipple shield b/c my nipples won't "poke" out like they should, but she eats well!! I've already had to start pumping so that I don't soak everything all day long!

Anyway, labor vibes to all who need them! Thanks for all the great advice and listening ears! See you all on the newborn community!!
Me Laura (28) DH (33) SD (11) First LO- Aubrey Grace due 12/05  3 fur babies Kharma (bull dog 4), Greivous (Catahoula almost 2) and Padamae ( Catahoula bulldog 3 months)

Chocolatemoca responded:
That's great, Congrats!!!!
Anne(34) DH(33) Our first due 12/05/10 It's a girl.

MRSKuhns responded:
I am very happy for you and you husband! Thanks for sharing the story!
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

HaveFaith1224 responded:
Congratulations! So happy you're all doing well!
Me (30), DH (32) EDD 1/10/11 Blue team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm proud Momma of four awesome children. I had them in the perfect order I could have wished for: girl, boy, girl, boy. I've been a single mo...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.