Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Persephone is here!!!
Ashcad124 posted:
Persephone Elise - born 12/10/2010 @ 10:48am
7 pounds 9 ounces 19 inches

I was scheduled for a c-section on 12/10/2010, but woke up with contractions at 2:45am. Went to the hospital, where they admitted me ASAP, contractions were every couple of minutes so they hooked me up to the monitors. They were going to take me straight back to the c-section room, but another lady came in with an emergency and pushed me back. The surgery itself was fine, but the first day of recovery were pretty bad. Now, two days later everything is feeling much better.

Little Persephone is doing excellent! We had trouble with breast feeding at first, she was really fussy and wasn't latching on correctly. Now that we've figured out how to latch on, my nipples are extremely sore, but I've been using Lansinoh cream. The doctor said they should start to heal within the next three or four days. I hope so because it is almost unbearable at the moment.

We get to be released from the hospital tomorrow! I'm ready to go home and be comfortable again!
Me(26) DH (25)--Cadence (1/24/2005), EDD baby Persephone C-section scheduled 12/10/2010

excited_4_baby responded:
Congrats!! I am so happy to hear you and LO are doing well. Good Luck!
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

MRSKuhns responded:
Congrats! :D
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

happymoe responded:
Congrats! The Lansinoh really helps. Use after every feeding, I know it seems like you put it on 50x a day but it makes a huge difference.

Korin81 responded:
Congrats!!!
Me (29) DH (24) DS (2) It's a girl! Scarlett Ann EDD: 1/11/11

jenfur79 responded:
Congrats! I had my baby girl on 12/10 also! YAY!
Me(30)DH(34)DD(10)DS(2)Lil Girl EDD 12/22/2010

ElanaK responded:
Yay congrats!!!
Elana (27), DH (41), DD, DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09, miracle natural pregnancy - due 1/6/11, PINK TEAM!

ShanunC responded:
COngratulations.. thats awsome..
yah b feeding is tough. especially if they dont latch right.. the lansinoh worked wonders for me.. also.. some people say dont do it.. but I found it helped.. after nursing if I could get a little milk out I would and rub it around or I would put the lansinoh on and just air dry for 20 minutes.. like I said some people think it makes it worse but for me.. it felt sooo nice..and once they toughen up it willbe a lot better
hope youa nd baby are doing well
ME-27/DH-29/DD-3 on feb 9th.. lil Jack Owen coming Via c section to an operating room near you 2/10/2011... Bipolar Stay at home mom.. Love my lil MJ and cant wait for baby number 2..

clovertine responded:
Congratulations, hope you get to home to enjoy your little lady soon!
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team! Hoping for a successful VBAC!

MsMollyMac responded:
Congratulations!
Me- 26, DH-30, DD-3, New little one due 1-3-11

dino44 responded:
Welcome to the world, Persephone! Congratulations!!
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, Keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10 YELLOW TEAM

jadedstar replied to dino44's response:
Congrats!!!! love the name
Jaded(32), DD(7), EDD 1/20/2011 BOY Eli Rain, ~~I am a single mom and my Children are my world!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Randi, and I have been married to my college sweetheart since Nov 2004. I have PCOS. We welcomed our son in January 2005. My son kicked som...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.