Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!
jenfur79 posted:
Short:
Kinley Cyvonne 6lbs 4oz 18.5 long born 12/10 at 1:55 pm 3rd child using the Bradley Method with no pain medication.

Very Long:

On Tuesday 12/7 I had my regular OB appt and I was only 1cm still and 60% and she was very very high (-5 station) and he said she will probably be in there a while, even though I have a history of going early. (My daughter was 16 days early and my son was 9 days early) He said we will probably not see here till around Christmas.

Well onThursday 12/9 I was having some interesting things happen. I noticed I was peeing every 5 minutes with hardly anything coming out. Then I started noticing that I wasn't feeling her move very much and the past 2 days she was going crazy in there. Well I went about my day at work, felt a little run down. I got home and started getting ready for my DH's work Christmas party. I went to the bathroom and wiped and there was a HUGE glob of brown mucus, way way more than I had seen at all. I had lost my acutal plug 2 weeks ago so I knew this was something else. I told DH I had some symptoms going on and that we just needed to wait and watch to see what else would happen. I packed my hospital bag and my kids' over night bags and put them by the door just in case.

We went to his work Christmas party, and while we were there I went into the restroom and notice my brown mucus was now stringy and tinged with red blood. So we continued at the party when my contractions started. I had 5 within the hour and they were starting to get painful. I told him we probably better make our way to get the kids and take them to his brothers house and just go to the hospital to see what was going on. I told him we were probably going to be seeing our little girl within 24 hours so just be prepared.

Well we got the kids dropped off at 9:30pm and we went to L&D and I was having very strong contractions. She checked me and said I was at 2cm almost 3 and now 80% and she was lower at about -2 station. So right after she checked me I started getting contractions that were 2 minutes apart. She checked me again 30 min later and I was at a full 3cm. My contractions slowed back down, and she said they would give me an hour and I needed to be at 4cm before they would keep me. I walked the halls and hung around and I didn't have anymore contractions while I was there. I figured this ment my labor stalled. She checked me an hour later and sure enough no change. They sent me home.

We got the kids and went home. By this time it was 1am. I went to bed. I had 1 contraction every hour from 1 am till 5 am when I just decided to get up because I just couldn't sleep anymore. Then contractions started again they were right on top of eachother again, I showered and woke up DH and we got the kids ready and left by 8am. The contractions slowed back down but increased in strength by this time I was in tears b/c they hurt so bad.
They got us checked in and I was still 3cm but now I was 100% She said they were keeping me because I was so thinned now. The contractions finally started getting regular and everything started moving along. I had my little girl about 5 hours after we got to the hospital. She is very healthy and doing great. She ended up being about 18 days early. He changed my due date at my last ultra sound to 12/28 because of her size we figured I ovulated about a week later than I had thought so she was born at 37 weeks and 4 days.
I was able to come home yesterday by my request. I was not getting any sleep there and just wanted to get home to my other kids. We are all doing well.
Labor Vibes to all who need them!
Me(30)DH(34)DD(10)DS(2)Lil Girl EDD 12/22/2010

korin81 responded:
Wow! Great story, Congrats!
Me (29) DH (24) DS (2) It's a girl! Scarlett Ann EDD: 1/11/11

ElanaK responded:
Congrats on your new baby girl!!
Elana (27), DH (41), DD, DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09, miracle natural pregnancy - due 1/6/11, PINK TEAM!

clovertine responded:
Congratulations! What a fantastic Christmas present.
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team! Hoping for a successful VBAC!

MRSKuhns responded:
Wow, congrats!
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

MsMollyMac responded:
Congratulations!!
Me- 26, DH-30, DD-3, New little one due 1-3-11

abbygailsmom1 responded:
Wow. Congrats. You almost had her at the Christmas party. What a story that would have been!
Me (30) DH (29) DD1 (6) DD2 (2) Baby boy Korbin expected via c-section 1/6/11

cara90 responded:
Congratulations!!
Me (20) DB (20) Soon to be DSS (4) EDD for Cameron Michael 2-3-2011

dino44 responded:
Congratulations! I am so glad you all are doing well!
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, Keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10 YELLOW TEAM

excited_4_baby responded:
Congrats on your baby girl!
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

Jhawkchick responded:
Lurking from 2nd Tri... congratulations to you and your family! I couldn't help but smile reading about your days leading up to delivery....continuing with work...going to your DH's Christmas party...having contractions but still hanging out at the party even wtih contractions...It's obvious that this wasn't your first. Great story and I'm glad things worked out for you!

Chocolatemoca responded:
Congrats!! My little girl was also born 12/10/10
Anne(34) DH(33) Our first due 12/05/10 It's a girl.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man, we currently have three children two girls and a boy. The new arrival to the family will be a little gi...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful