Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!
dino44 posted:
Asher Huckleberry Hancock was born at 4:05am 12/21. He is 7lbs 4oz and 20 inches. He is absolutely perfect!

Long: I wasn't feeling Baby move a whole lot yesterday, so I headed in to L&D to be monitored. Baby looked good, but he had a drop in his heart rate. My doctor ordered a biophysical profile to make sure everything was fine. We failed the BPP. Baby wouldn't move or practice breathing and there was practically no amniotic fluid around him. I had been having contractions all day, and my doctor decided an induction would be best at this point. We started out with a dose of prostaglandin gel at 6:00pm. At 6:30, my water broke on its own. When my water broke, Baby stopped moving again. It took a couple hours to get him perked up again. By then, I had progressed from 1.5cm / 80% to 4cm / 100%. I walked around for a little while, but the contraction were coming fast and hard, one on top of each other. I went back to my room in tears. DH was at home with DD and waiting for my mom to come take over. He got to my room as I did, and I told the nurse I needed something for the pain. She gave me stadol (sp?) to take the edge off. That was great for a few hours. Around 12AM it wore off, and I was sent to walk the halls again. My contractions were unbearable and right on top of each other again. I finally broke down and got an epidural, and I was so glad I did! I was 5cm at this point, and we figured I might have a little while still. I tried to nap but couldn't. I missed my daughter so much. :( At around 2AM, my nurse came in to check me, and I was 8cm. At 3AM, I called my nurse to say I felt pressure. I was complete, so she called for the doctor. I started pushing at 3:40AM, and my little guy was born at 4:05AM. He is perfect and beautiful and nursing like a pro. I feel fantastic. I don't feel like I just had a baby at all. I didn't tear, I am only a little swollen and I've been able to walk around just fine. Asher is the best Christmas present our family could have asked for!
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, Keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10 YELLOW TEAM

mindy48875 responded:
lurking...

Wow! What a GREAT story! Congratulations and Merry Christmas to your family!!!

Korin81 responded:
Congrats on your little boy!!!
Me (29) DH (24) DS (2) It's a girl! Scarlett Ann EDD: 1/11/11

MsMollyMac responded:
Congratulations!!
Me- 26, DH-30, DD-3, New little one due 1-3-11

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations, I am so happy everything went well with the birth!

excited_4_baby responded:
Congrats!! That is so exciting! I'm so happy to hear that all went well for you.
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

krazykatt707 responded:
Sounds like you had a great birth experience. Congrats on your early Christmas present. : )
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

clovertine responded:
Congratulations! What a beautiful gift, I'm so happy you had such a pleasant birth experience & that your little guy is doing so well!
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team! Hoping for a successful VBAC!

ssteinbuch0048 responded:
Congratulations!
Stacy 31, DF(Jason)32, DD(Paige Aspen)13, DD(Pearl Madison)10, LO Due March 1, 2011 YAY BLUE TEAM!!!

MRSKuhns responded:
Congrats to you and your family! :D
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

ElanaK responded:
That's fantastic!!!! Big congrats!
Elana (27), DH (41), DD, DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09, miracle natural pregnancy - due 1/6/11, PINK TEAM!

HaveFaith1224 responded:
Congrautlations! Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas!
Me (30), DH (32) EDD 1/10/11 Blue team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi 33 weeks with 3rd baby girl on her way. Been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years. Currently have a six and three year old. Love my family ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.