Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Welcome to the world!
amb_519 posted:
My due date was 12/24, and oddly enough that's when I went into labor. We had a c-section planned for today, Monday the 27th just incase she hadn't come on her own and we were originally trying for a VBAC.

Thursday evening I was feeling a little off-ish....just something wasn't right. I let it go. I wasn't hungry at all, just wanted to go to bed. DH talked me into DTD twice that night, and DURING the second round I felt a contraction -- I dismissed it. I dismissed the first little bit because I'd had contractions before and they never went anywhere...no sense in getting excited, right? At 12:01AM something was different, the pain was different and I couldn't ignore them. I had them comin' every 4 minutes for a few hours when I called up to L&D -- my hossy is an hour and a half away and (how awesomely messed up is this?) we were getting a snow storm+freezing rain.....they told me to go ahead and start making my way up there. I waited another hour, finished packing my hossy bag and slowly made my way to the car. The drive there took forEVER with snow, freezing rain and ice pellets the entire way. Anyway, I get there, the contractions are strong and showing up....but I'm only dilated a fingertip. They keep me, watch me and let it progress....2 hours later the pain is intense and I was beginning to make a lot of noise during contractions....still...only 1cm dilated 80%. At 7:00AM Friday morning my doctor showed up, I'd been in labor for 9 hours and only made it to a 2 -- it was ALL back labor, I felt like my hips were solid chunks of concrete and my body was going to break in half -- I couldn't take anymore and they didn't want to give me an epi so "early in the game." He reccomended a c-section, and let me sit and think about it. All I could think about was getting this pain to stop, I HAD to see my little girl....so we did it.

Addison Renae was born Christmas Eve at 8:34am weighing in at 8lbs 14oz and measuring 20''. It's a good thing we went ahead, because she'd already had her first BM and was breathing in that merconium stuff..poor baby!! The c-seciton was perfect, I felt NOTHING this time around...the spinal however, had me yelling..."hold still" during a contraction that's killing you....yea....that's not easy to do!! They gave her a little oxygen when she came out and handed her to DH to show me....I cried, I didn't even say anything, I just cried.

She's a big girl, and a good eater ;) she took to bf'ing SO well...this is my first time, so I was scared, but she's done so well and I'm only a little bit sore. Last night sucked, first night home...but it'll get better....she's so cute and just perfect in every way..so it's worth it =) LOVE her to pieces already, DS is in love, too.!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRSKuhns responded:
Wow congrats! Hope thing continue to go well for you and your little family :)!
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

ElanaK responded:
Yay congrats!!! So cool that she came on her due date.
Elana (27), DH (41), DD, DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09, miracle natural pregnancy - due 1/6/11, PINK TEAM!

excited_4_baby responded:
Congrats!! I'm so glad everything went well for you! I know the idea of a c-section really had you worried. So happy for you and your family!
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

joellelewis responded:
Congrats!

ssteinbuch0048 responded:
Congratulations!
Stacy 31, DF(Jason)32, DD(Paige Aspen)13, DD(Pearl Madison)10, New LO - Alexander - Due March 1, 2011 YAY BLUE TEAM!!!

dino44 responded:
Congratulations! I've been thinking about you. I am so glad you finally got to meet your little girl. I'm happy your c-section went well. Welcome to the world Addison! What a beautiful Christmas present for you, Mommy!
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, Keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10 YELLOW TEAM

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations! What a wonderful moment for you. I hope you continue to be a part of this community but also join our Parenting Community:http://forums.webmd.com/3/parenting-exchange/forum with 3 experts.

Dr. Adesman is a nationally recognized pediatrician with expertise in the evaluation and management of behavioral problems and developmental disorders in children.

Dr. Altmann is a best-selling author, parenting expert, media spokesperson and our guest expert.

Dr. Roy Benaroch is a general pediatrician, author, and educator at Emory University.

Also, our New Born Community:http://exchanges.webmd.com/newborn-and-baby-exchange

Dr. Dan Brennan, is an award-winning, board-certified pediatrician and the expert for that community.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Marsha, I am 26 yr old (will be 27 on March 10th!). I've been married to my hubby for 2 years, he's a bit older (38), but we've...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.