Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
She's Here!!
ElanaK posted:
Short: Tzipora Sara was born at 5:13am on 12/30/10. She weighs 6lbs 7oz and is 20 inches long.

Long: I passed my mucus plug around 11pm (after doing "you know" with my hubby trying to get labor started) and then my water broke around 1:15am. Well, good L-rd ladies...that was it. My contractions came fast and furious!!! Every 2-3 minutes and they hurt like nobody's business. We still had a few things we needed to finish packing, so we didn't actually get to the hospital until around 2:15am. Then it took time for us to get up to triage and get everything hooked up, so my midwife didn't come in to check me until nearly 3am. I was 4cm, but she said that the ferocity of my contractions probably meant it wouldn't be a long haul...and boy was she right. I got into my room probably around 3:15 or so and *really* wanted to try getting into the tub. I was willing to do nearly anything to get the pain to lessen up. Unfortunately the tub did nothing... So we got out and I tried a few other positions...still writhing in pain. My doula got out her TENS machine, which definitely helped, but there was nothing touching these bad boy contractions. By 4:30 I was begging for mercy and any kind of pain relief they would give me (except I didn't want a narcotic). My doula suggested a sterile water injection in my back, and I was like "sure...whatever you want...just make them HURRY". While I waited, she suggested I try going to the bathroom, as a full bladder can make contractions worse. I didn't really feel like I had to go, but went anyway. Once I got on the toilet, I relaxed and my body naturally wanted to bear down. Gee...all of a sudden the contraction didn't seem as bad and it felt really good to push. Uh oh...but I was only an hour and a half in...I couldn't imagine that I was actually complete and ready to go. I told the doula to call for the midwife to check me before I started accidentally pushing on a semi-closed cervix. But honestly, the urge was so intense that not pushing through a contraction was a zillion times worse. The midwife was actually in the middle of delivering another baby, but soon came into the room. I had already pushed a little bit through a few contractions while she was gone, hoping I wasn't screwing things up. She checked me and (you guessed it)....fully dilated with the baby halfway down the birth canal. Woo!!! I pushed for just about a half an hour (including the few pushes I took before the midwife got there) and POOF! There was my little girl at 5:13 am...only 4 hours after my water broke! I only had two very, very minor tears (one superficial tear on the labia and one that the midwife called a "dimple" on my vagina). I think she gave me a grand total of 3 stitches and then was all set. So there you have it! My baby made it in time for the tax deduction AND I got to deliver with my favorite midwife. Soooo perfect.
Elana (27), DH (41), DD, DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09, miracle natural pregnancy - due 1/6/11, PINK TEAM!

rosecole responded:
Congrats!! That was a great labor & delivery (minus the pain!!) :)
Nicole(30) DH Nate(29) DS1 Luke(4) DS2 Alex(2) 3 EDD 3-21-11 One Boston Terrier Furbaby Jack(5) Yellow Team!!!

MRSKuhns responded:
Wow congrats! Sound like it went very well other than the pain :), so did you every find out what exactly that sterile water injection was...did it help?
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

abbygailsmom1 responded:
What a great VBAC story. I am glad she is here and you weren't in labor forever!

BTW-I have never heard of a sterile water injection. Pretty interesting.
Me (30) DH (29) DD1 (6) DD2 (2) Baby boy Korbin expected via c-section 1/14/11

Lisa_F responded:
aw how exciting, glade she's here

ssteinbuch0048 responded:
Congratulations!
Stacy 31, DF(Jason)32, DD(Paige Aspen)13, DD(Pearl Madison)10, New LO - Alexander - Due March 1, 2011 YAY BLUE TEAM!!!

excited_4_baby responded:
Congrats!! So happy for you!
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

krazykatt707 responded:
yay for tax deductions! lol! Congrats and what a nice way to end 2010. : )
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

ElanaK responded:
I never got the sterile water injection...no time! :) But I know what it is. It's a set of 4 injections of sterile water into your back which is supposed to greatly help with back labor.
Elana (27), DH (41); DD

krazykatt707 replied to ElanaK's response:
Thanks for posting about the water injections Elana. I had horrible back labor both times I was in labor with DS. I wanted to try a semi natural birth with no epi this time and I might check out the sterile water injections if I get back labor again.
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

ShanunC replied to krazykatt707's response:
Congrats Elana.. no matter what i do I manage to get these babies that come in feb.. this lil guy with be here the day after DD turns 3..lol
never heard of the water injection.. I had awful awful back labor with DD wish I had known about it.. sounds like it would be something good to help with the pain.. i could handle the contractions it was m y back I couldnt handle and ended up with an epi..
anyways CONGRATULATIONS.. im sure shes beautiful..hope you and the baby are feeling well... HAPPY NEW YEAR
ME-27/DH-29/DD-3 on feb 9th.. lil Jack Owen coming Via c section to an operating room near you 2/10/2011... Bipolar Stay at home mom.. Love my lil MJ and cant wait for baby number 2..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Third child, so excited to add to the family. Me and DH are both Correction Officers at the same institution, DH works 2nd shift (2pm-10pm) and I wor...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.