Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!!!!!
lovemybabies posted:
Sorry, I have been without internet for two weeks, but my baby girl is here!!

Short: Natalie Elyse was born December 21, 2010 at 12:13 pm weighing 9 lbs 6.6 oz and 20.5 inches long! Absolutely perfect!

Long: I went in for my scheduled induction on December 21 at 5:30 am. By the way this was my first induction ever. After registuring and what not, they started pitocin around 7:00 or 7:30am. At this point I was still only 1 cm dialated and my cervix was still very far back and thick. However within minutes my contractions were 3 minutes apart. It became very uncomfortable very fast!! Around 9:30 or 10:00am, the doc came in and checked me and broke my water. Holy hell was that painful. Then came the epidural and the rest you can imagine.

Around 11:45 I had a lot of pressure and asked to be checked. The nurse made my 9 and a half a 10 and the doc was called. The pressure was horrible and my epidural was NOT working. Anyways, I started to push and I had time to fit in 4 good pushes per contraction. Her head kept feeling like it was right there, then it would retract. All of a sudden the nurses pushed my mom amd mother in law out of the way and before I could blink I had the doctor and 3 nurses on my bed pushing on my stomach and pelvis. The doctor was trying relentlessly to get her out. The scary part is that I heard her tell one of the nurses to call for help!! Not something you want to hear. Natalie was stuck behind my pelvic bone and could have broken her collar bone, but we were very lucky she didn't. And again, I felt all of this because my epidural had left the space it was supposed to be :( And despite the trauma, I had no tears so no stitches!

Now we are home and doing well. Her brothers and sister love her and we are adjusting nicely. I did develope a pelvic infection for which I am on antibiotics. In the end, I'm not sure if I would induce again, but this was my last baby. Hope everyone is doing well and sorry for the long story!! Good luck to everyone!!
Gina(28), DH(28), DS(9), DD(6), DS(4), Angel Baby(1/23/09), New baby Girl due 12/24/10! This is it...my very last pregnancy.  Let's make the best of it!

excited_4_baby responded:
Wow! Had to be scary to have all that commotion going on and a call out for help! Glad it all turned out well in the end. Congrats!!
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

ssteinbuch0048 responded:
Congratulations!
Stacy 31, DF(Jason)32, DD(Paige Aspen)13, DD(Pearl Madison)10, New LO - Alexander - Due March 1, 2011 YAY BLUE TEAM!!!

dino44 responded:
Congratulations! December 21 was a popular day for new babies. I think there were 3 of us on here and another on the PAL boards. I'm sorry you had some scary moments. I'm glad everything turned out perfectly in the end.
Me: Tabatha (28), DH: Paul (29), Angel Baby @ 13 weeks, PAL graduate!!!: Emma 4/3/09, Keeping our fingers crossed for another Graduate. EDD 12/31/10 YELLOW TEAM

MRSKuhns responded:
Wow sounds kind of scary, but congrats on a healthy baby, and I hope you are doing well again soon!
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

ElanaK responded:
Wow, so scary!! I'm so glad everything went well for you, and congrats!!!
Elana (27), DH (41); DD / DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09; DD (miracle natural pregnancy) 12/30/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (38), DH (40), DS (13 months) EDD 6/22/12 PINK TEAM YAY!!! :-)

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.