Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story, gonna miss this board!
Wendy12345678 posted:
Hello everyone. Jonathan Lane was born at 1:30 am Jan 8th. He was 7 lbs 12.8 oz, and perfectly healthy. I was induced reluctantly due to swelling, I was actually due tomorrow, the 11th. My labor took the entire day, and until 1:30 in the morning. I had received an epideral, but unfortunatly it did not take. The woman said my back was "to tight". I was offered the IV drugs, but declined because of the possible affects. I'm actually happy that I was not numb for it. The pain was perfectly managable, and did not cause a terrible amount of pain until close to delivery time. When they became very painful I vommited from pain which took me from 7 cm to 10 instantly. Because I felt everything I was able to dictate pushing, which I liked. My contractions did not hurt, and I felt almost no pain while pushing, just motivation. Even considering the pain it was a nice experience to have, feeling my body work with nature. I was very calm, and did well. Unfortunatly after he was born it was difficult to stop the bleeding and I required medications and a shot in the leg. I ended up in a bit of shock when the bleeding was finally stopped, and was given medication for that. I got to see my baby just after he was born but then was out of action for a few hours. I did however manage to nurse him in that time. Bleeding and all it was a great experience. He is perfect, and very calm, much more than my other 2 boys. I just want to sit and cuddle. I was very sad to be induced, and sad to leave the hospital. I'm glad to have him here, but I do miss the pregnancy and feeling him move inside my belly. I will also miss posting and reading on this board. The excitment of pregnancy and everyones stories was great. I'll miss you all! Thanks for sharing with me!

ssteinbuch0048 responded:
Congratulations!
Stacy 31, DF(Jason)32, DD(Paige Aspen)13, DD(Pearl Madison)10, New LO - Alexander - Due March 1, 2011 YAY BLUE TEAM!!!

excited_4_baby responded:
Congrats! So glad to hear that you and baby are doing well. I think you and I graduated from 1 tri to the next almost side by side. And you are right... after all is said and done and my LO is here, I think it will be a bitter-sweet goodbye. However, I also expect that I'll be busy enough to fill in my time too! Good luck to you and your family!
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

lady_samwise responded:
Congratulations! I'm glad that your little guy is doing well and that you are on the way to recovery!

krazykatt707 responded:
Congrats! And all the best to you, your family and your new baby boy!
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Wendy! You don't have to leave the community because you gave birth. Many of our Mommies move over to the First Year , and Parenting communities but also still hang with 3rd tri.

ElanaK responded:
What a great birth story!! Congrats!
Elana (27), DH (41); DD / DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09; DD (miracle natural pregnancy) 12/30/10

MRSKuhns responded:
Congrats to you!
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

jlbwondering35 responded:
Congratulations and what an inspiring story! Enjoy the newest addition to your family!

brewbaby replied to jlbwondering35's response:
Congrats! I'm so excited for you and your LO. I think when it's time for mine to be here, I'm going to feel the same way!
Me(23), Hubby(23), First baby, Oliver Due 1/26/10.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been with my hubby now for 4 and half years and married for 2 years. We have 2 handsome boys and are now expecting our final baby, A GIRL!!!!, ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.